ChatGPT

AI marches on with ChatGPT.
Job refinement/replacement on the horizon.
The comments for the video reegarding increased productivity are also quite interesting.

And Stack Overflow banned it!

ChatGPT confirmed to me that 99% of all content online was written by bots

human bots

Marc Andreessen even went so far as to suggest that anybody whose content isn’t more original than what ChatGPT can produce should be banned from Twitter

i fucking swear 99% of the time when i open a page because i’m searching for an answer to some question it’s just the same generic babbling and you typically need to read half a page of it before you even start getting closer to the actual question …

and then you read ChatGPT and … it’s exactly the same ! the same meaningless babbling that isn’t going anywhere with no real understanding of the subject just words that sound like a person knows what they’re talking about but not really …

and you realize that pretty much almost everything you have ever read was exactly like this - written by human bots faking intelligence but really just plagiarizing something they don’t understand that they read somewhere else …

it’s not a coincidence either because ChatGPT literally models the human mind …

not the intelligence ( which most people do not possess ) but the rest of the mind, the one that fakes intelligence - which is what 99% of people do - they FAKE intelligence …

and then you’re like i can’t fucking wait until this race of human cockroaches is wiped off the face of the planet LOL

what can i say we are going to have some fun with this AI shit in the near future until it replaces us …

Interesting! And worrying…I mocked this stuff…you called it “normalcy bias” but Schwab & his boys will be firing people soon with this at work.

Years ago, I read a Judge Dredd comic in which a an artist with a new art style approaches a publisher. The publisher rejects him, but not before feeding his art into a machine which added his style to the others the publisher had. Chat GPT will make this a reality.

I suppose art, and essay writing will quickly fall below Chat GPT’s dominance.

Schwab and his masters must be loving this…

You say it sounds human…re lack of intelligence.
The builders know and call it a limitation.

Limitations

• ChatGPT sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers. Fixing this issue is challenging, as: (1) during RL training, there’s currently no source of truth; (2) training the model to be more cautious causes it to decline questions that it can answer correctly; and (3) supervised training misleads the model because the ideal answer depends on what the model knows, rather than what the human demonstrator knows.
  • ChatGPT is sensitive to tweaks to the input phrasing or attempting the same prompt multiple times. For example, given one phrasing of a question, the model can claim to not know the answer, but given a slight rephrase, can answer correctly.
  • The model is often excessively verbose and overuses certain phrases, such as restating that it’s a language model trained by OpenAI. These issues arise from biases in the training data (trainers prefer longer answers that look more comprehensive) and well-known over-optimization issues.12
    Introducing ChatGPT

essentially intelligence is not one thing, but rather there are different forms of intelligence.

in some of these AI has crushed humans many decades ago, such as for example ability to win chess games.

in others AI is currently neck in neck with humans such as being able to recognizes faces, voices etc.

yet there are some other areas in which AI hasn’t been developed yet. namely AI can’t yet generate novel concepts. but neither can 99% of people.

Chat GPT is a model that processes text. Stable Diffusion is a model that processes images. We can probably create AI that will be able to cook, write music and so on. There are models that can successfully diagnose conditions by reading X-Rays, MRIs etc.

AI’s resume is growing - every year it can do more things and do them better. we still have some time during which there will be things AI cannot do, but not many people can do those things to begin with.

how many people are genuinely original ?

i can tell you this - AI is way past the point of being able to replace Joe Biden - only a Democrat would even dispute this.

LOL

namely AI can’t yet generate novel concepts.

With a refined Chat GPT, and some clever questions, we will get some novelty by the next iteration.

Your boy Joe at work:

1 Like

Realistically what’s the difference between your average NPC and an AI bot like Chat GPT? Most of the people I talk to just regurgitate crap they heard elsewhere and present other people’s ideas. Their personalities are just collections of memes and imprints from authoritative sources of information. I have original ideas, so when I get to know them they just go on to regurgitate the stuff I tell them.

1 Like

well not exactly. as i said it’s different TYPES of intelligence.

most people believe quick / slow is the same as intelligent / unintelligent.

those are different things.

young people are quick. old people are slow. but intelligence is genetic.

a bot designed to play chess with every iteration will get better at playing chess but will never learn anything else.

ChatGPT will get better at writing with every iteration but will never be able to do anything other than write bullshit like a NYT journalist.

however there will be DIFFERENT models created in time that will be able to do OTHER things and once the problems are solved one by one these models will then start getting combined into intelligent machines that can perform multiple functions like humans.

a robot wife and genetically engineered kids grown in artificial wombs.

Joe is America’s Yeltsin

Yep.

We think of guys like Nietzsche as Great Philosophers when really they were just guys who actually had some ideas and insight, whereas the average person has none.

Of the ones currently active i am most impressed by Robert Greene:

https://twitter.com/RobertGreene

and Rob Henderson:

https://twitter.com/robkhenderson

though Henderson doesn’t express his own ideas - he aggregates the ideas of others. he is too scared to say what he thinks. he is even scared of others saying what they think on his page. he blocked me like 3 times on different accounts just for echoing the very points in his links. he is just deathly afraid of being associated with the very content he links. he wants to be clear that those are not his ideas but of course his ideas must not be far off. I don’t know if he’s still in the academia but when he was it was understandable why he would be so afraid of being associated with his own red pill content ( didn’t want to get fired ).

my mother does that.

she tries to impress me with edgy or profound stuff she knows.

except she forgot i taught it to her.

ChatGPT on Fascism and Communism:

It has been well-trained. In political correctness.

1 Like

“Trained” is a noteworthy word choice. On one hand it is the proper technical term for AI learning, and on the other hand it can also in this context be a reference to Pavlov’s dogs, where obviously it would also be the proper term along with “conditioning” as being the more technical one. And with ChatGPT being used by students to fake homework assignments is inviting the question of whether students are similarly being trained / conditioned like dogs if their results are indistinguishable from ChatGPT.

Here is how i would answer it myself:

Fascism:

Fascism cannot be defended in any context ever because Hitler didn’t like Jews and as we all know the Jews absolutely do not control the world and to suggest they do would be antisemitic, which would get you cancelled, debanked, have your children taken away from you, put you into a mental asylum and so on. Thereby proving that Jews don’t actually have any power.

Communism:

Although Communism is the absolute undisputed world champion when it comes to genocide, wiping out perhaps 100 times as many people as Fascism it is never the less good. We have to consider, after all, that nearly all if not all Communist revolutions were either led by or supported by Jews, which should be proof enough IF YOU HAVE ANY SENSE IN YOU that Communism is good.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Jensen Huang of NVIDIA speech at Computex Taiwan June 2023

A post was merged into an existing topic: Jensen Huang of NVIDIA speech at Computex Taiwan June 2023