Jensen Huang of NVIDIA speech at Computex Taiwan June 2023

The future is getting very interesting…

The new future with a vast plain of lower class people, a thin sliver at the middle and a tiny cap is coming. Faster than I could ever have imagined.

Take a look…even if it is just to skim each chapter…
See the Nvidia CEO’s sheer glee in this presentation of the highlights.

Lovely AI girls by the way… :+1:

my biggest challenge with AI girls is finding ones that aren’t fat !

they’re all young, they all have perfect tits and many have a nice ass but few have a small waist and flat stomach that is up to my standards.

many have disgusting flab on the stomach and even ones with visible abs tend not to meet my small waist and flat stomach requirements.

and of course there is always the hands issue, but hands can be hidden.

in fact there is only one AI girls account with quality waists / abs but it is stylized as cartoons and not as photorealistic girls - which defeats the purpose because you can just draw cartoons by hand.

here it is, all AI girls should have a waist like this:

but this looks more like Anime than AI, even though it’s AI ( you can tell by the hands ) …

a woman’s body is designed for child bearing which means a woman doesn’t have anything in her waist unlike a man because a woman must have room there for a baby whereas a man doesn’t …

so a man will store fat in the stomach but a woman will store it in ass, tits or anywhere BUT the stomach …

of course a woman still needs internal organs but everything is arranged such that there is room for baby to grow …

once the baby and the womb is subtracted you are supposed to be left with pretty much a hole where a man would have a stomach - some women do look this way in real life - but so far very few AI girls do …

they need to work on this …

ironically AI seems to have the easiest time drawing faces … this is probably because we lean on neural nets to recognize faces which is what AI uses to draw them in the first place …

i can also see why it would struggle with hands because you get a sort of a repeating pattern there that folds on itself …

but i am not sure why it struggles with the waist so much …

believe it or not i actually watched the whole thing.

it was absolute torture !

the things i do for my followers !

he is full of shit !

he has a performance based compensation package so he was trying to work up the investors and sell them on this idea of “multiverse” or whatever, which is literally the same thing as Zuckerberg’s “metaverse” which Zuckerberg himself has 100% abandoned already but Nvidia is only just now starting to pump it …

i think it was funny he kept saying “computext” instead of “computex” … what a dumbass LOL

despite his best efforts to act like his presentation was exciting or some kind of breakthrough he only managed to get the audience to cheer maybe 2 or 3 times. most of the time they showed no emotion.

still, somehow Nvidia stock went to a TRILLION dollars after this, but i think it was based on something else - maybe the earnings report or the new Grace Hopper superchip - i mean it couldn’t have been from this presentation, could it ?

thing about Nvidia is they OWN the GPU ( Graphics Processing Unit ) market and for Jensen to get his performance based compensation the only way he can increase sale is by growing the market or branching out to new markets - there is no way to grow WITHIN the market because Nvidia has already consumed it.

i am ordering an Nvidia GPU some time this week for my PC build for example …

so Jensen pushed a few ideas about how the market for Nvidia products will grow …

he said companies will have AI factories similar to Bitcoin Mining Farms today …

and he said they will have this Omniverse … which is total BS

he was trying to convince people that people who design factories are looking for photorealistic real-time renderings of factories that only Nvidia can deliver … i happen to come from this very industry ( Computer Aided Design ) and nobody cares about that stuff. people are still using 15 year old software running on 15 year old computers because it does the job.

some other applications looked more interesting - for example a robot visually inspecting a circuit board to check for scratches, misaligned or missing components - that is definitely something AI can do. currently humans at the factory have to visually inspect products for defects - if they can be replaced with a camera and a computer that is a huge productivity increase, as well as possibly lower rate of defective products making it through Quality Control.

overall i didn’t enjoy the presentation and didn’t buy into Jenen’s fake enthusiasm about how many Nvidia chips he is going to sell in the future … but Nvidia is definitely the leader when it comes to AI hardware.

for example Nvidia RTX Graphics Cards are the only fully supported hardware to run Stable Diffusion … as i said i will be getting one this week, but not for Stable Diffusion - just to have a good graphics card in general - maybe play some Fortnite to relieve stress now and then …

at its core Nvidia is still a graphics card manufacturer for PC Gamers … but they were able to capitalize on the Crypto Mining boom and they will now capitalize on the AI Boom …

what Graphics Cards are fundamentally is … kind of an “accelerator” … that is they can help the main CPU run certain tasks faster …

my new Intel Xeon W7-3465X CPU i think might have some AI accelerators built into it as well … not sure. the Sapphire Rapids architecture it’s built on does include AI accelerators but i’m not sure if my particular SKU has them …

regardless, the point is Intel may be entering this game as well …

so just as Nvidia RTX GPU has Tensor Cores for AI acceleration so the Intel Sapphire Rapids Xeons also have accelerators for AI …

future Iterations of chips from Nvidia, Intel and AMD will have more and more AI accelerators in them …

but of course the real heavy AI lifting will be done by dedicated AI platforms like Nvidia’s new Grace Hopper

i haven’t actually looked into Grace Hopper yet.

i can only hope @marlon won’t make me watch an hour long video about it LOL :wink:

just kidding @marlon i don’t blame you for making me watch this half an hour long video - after all, i am the one who is trying to convince you that AI is the future. and it is. i just didn’t think much of the video, that’s all.

i think Ai is infinitely more interesting and powerful than what Jensen made it out to be in his video. his video wasn’t so much about Ai as simply about how many Nvidia gaming chips he will sell so that everybody can live inside a video game he calls Omniverse and Zuckerberg called Metaverse but already given up on.

if you want to watch a movie about such an Omniverse, watch “Ready Player One” ( 2018 )

i hope @marlon in the future you don’t hesitate to share even such horrible videos, so long as it’s something you genuinely want to hear my feedback on. i mean that’s the idea behind this site.

That’s a good man… :smiley: :smiley:

I am primarily interested in his omniverse vs the (failed) metaverse.
Is the omniverse on a better footing?
I also liked the text to song and text to video bits.

I was also thinking about phones. Perhaps, interactive 3D projections from the phone…

i happen to come from this very industry ( Computer Aided Design ) and nobody cares about that stuff. people are still using 15 year old software running on 15 year old computers because it does the job.

Didn’t know that the CAD industry was like that…

Don’t worry…the Grace Hopper video on YouTube is only 13 minutes long…lots of techno-speak…basically a supercomputer in your hands, according to him.

i can’t get excited about it.

what problem are we solving ?

having watched this Grace Hopper video it’s not as big of a deal as i thought. it’s basically just a graphics card integrated into the motherboard with a shared memory pool between CPU and GPU, that also has the new HBM as a buffer

so it will definitely offer a performance improvement but it isn’t a ground up AI solution as i thought but just a hack really slightly repackaging existing technology …

that is why it looks so weird - because it’s really just a CPU and GPU next to each other on a sort of a hybrid of motherboard and graphics card with equally hybrid memory subsystem - basically it’s not pretty

and the way they array them into that server rack island is pretty sorry as well. they are using a single node per 1U chassis which is an obsolete way of doing things and they are also using air cooling which is also an obsolete way of doing things. that idiot Jensen even bragged about how many fans the system has when all new systems are moving towards liquid cooling and complete elimination of fans because fans consume significant amount of power in an era when we are trying to go green and save energy …

basically the whole Grace Hopper thing seems like a hack and was probably rushed to market because they didn’t want to miss the AI revolution …

a real solution would be a single AI chip rather than CPU+GPU combo and it would have perhaps 8 of those nodes per chassis rather than one per chassis and it would all be liquid cooled.

but all this is really saying is that we’re still early in the AI revolution. this Grace Hopper only moves us half a step forward to real AI hardware. in fact there is almost no difference between this Grace Hopper and the PC i am building, except that the CPU and GPU share memory, which admittedly could have real benefits for AI workloads.

so the Grace Hopper is a hot fix quick temporary hack to adopt existing hardware to AI workloads by optimizing memory usage … which will make a difference … but it’s not a real AI chip …

maybe Jensen still feels the sting of Crypto Boom collapsing the demand for GPUs and is afraid of fully committing to the next boom in case it also collapses …

the difference though is Crypto wasn’t solving any real problem. AI can solve almost all problems except mortality and maybe can even solve that too.

The same old problem: selling more phones.

1 Like

i don’t care about fads - i care about trends.

fads have to be timed right.

if you were in the right place at the right time you could have made a lot of money selling masks during the pandemic or graphics cards during the mining boom.

but long term trends don’t need to be timed - just recognized.

for example the browning of the west - you know it’s happening - what exact year whites become a minority in which state or nation not that important.

timing fads is infinitely harder than recognizing trends.

if you an recognize trends you will be considered wise like me. if you can time fads you will be rich. but few can do the latter.

for example a lot of Elon Musks’s wealth was about getting into EV business at the right time and with the right speed so to speak. he bought Tesla, sued to have himself recognized as a founder and then skipped testing to be the first.

now would be a bad time for an EV ( electric vehicle ) startup for 2 reasons:

1 - legacy automakers are all coming out with good EVs now
2 - the people wanted combustion engines banned have already gotten them banned and are now looking to ban cars in general

but it doesn’t matter because Elon is already world’s richest man …

he TIMED IT RIGHT …

of course i would rather be rich than wise but i’m too lazy, slow and old for that :slight_smile:

maybe some of you can do it !