Spirited Away ( 2001 )

must watch for all 10 year old girls …

apparently this is the highest grossing film in all of history … in Japan …

when i watched it i didn’t understand much but that wasn’t good enough for me because i had to write a review … so i kept watching analysis videos … until i have watched FIVE HOURS OF THEM …

yes i take the quality of my content here seriously … anyway i’m finally ready to give my verdict …

this is a movie designed to teach 10 year old girls some basic values in life such as hard work, kindness, and remembering your roots as well as to warn against greed and gluttony …

it is meant to be a Japanese version of “Alice in Wonderland” or “The Wizard of Oz” …

so chances are this movie is not for you since if you’re reading this on my site you’re probably an adult male …

that said it’s beautifully animated with truly memorable characters and is just overall awesome but very confusing on the first ( again, think “Alice in Wonderland” ) …

if you know any 10 year old girls i can definitely recommend you show them this movie …

as with “princess mononoke” this movie comes in different languages so make sure you get the right version …

i am not going to recommend it for adult men though i also don’t regret watching it because it’s a classic and i like to be familiar with classics …