Princess Mononoke [ 1997 ]

this is the analysis, i posted my review here:

for my review i watched about a dozen analysis videos on YouTube and most of them were absolute trash …

i’m posting here the two i thought were good ( there was also a third good one but it was very similar to one of the two i’m linking here ):

the first video reviews various Japanese cultural references in the film:

and the second video attempts to analyze the moral of the story:

i already mentioned in my review that i think “Avatar” ( 2009 ) was a ripoff of Mononoke … producers of Avatar must have seen Mononoke in 1997 ( or in 1999 when it was dubbed into English ) and realized it could be used as an effective tool for teaching environmentalism all you had to do is throw out all the Japanese stuff and replace it with American stuff and replace Animation with 3D CGI garbage because that’s what was all the rage at the time … they probably got bogged down a bit with developing the 3D tech for Avatar so it ended up coming out a decade later … but overall they hit their targets - they had their 3D effects to bedazzle the retards so that they will go to the movies and watch the environmentalist propaganda …

needless to say Mononoke aged much better than Avatar because the appeal isn’t in having the latest 3D CGI which can only stay latest for maybe a few years at best … by contrast Mononoke is 25 years old and doesn’t feel dated in any way …