Princess Mononoke ( 1997 )

i can’t give Mononoke a rating …

unnecessarily confusing film designed to teach children about deforestation …

it is never the less well made, has a pretty decent love story and a solid ending …

an epic battle between good ( nature ) and evil ( man ) centered around a story of a Young Prince trying to get in the pants of an Autistic Girl who is trans-species and identifies as a Wolf ( San, A.K.A. “Princess Mononoke” )

oh and it has these guys too:

after seeing “Princess Mononoke” ( 1997 ) i now realize that “Avatar” ( 2009 ) was just a pathetic and disgusting attempt to Americanize this Japanese classic by turning it into something Cheeseburger Munching Diabetic American Retards addicted to Video Games can feel comfortable watching, because god forbid you might accidentally watch something different or artistic …

IMPORTANT NOTE ! ! !

Mononoke is available in Japanese and English versions ( which may also be two audio tracks packaged together with the same video track ) - i recommend the English version because it is dubbed at a high level, for example San ( Princess Mononoke ) is voiced by Claire Danes:

but also you have to know that there are two different subtitle versions in English - one is meant to be a translation of the Japanese version and another is close captioning for the English version. if you are watching the movie in English and want the close captioning ( maybe you’re keeping the volume down at night ) you need to make sure you’re using the right subtitle version or the words on the screen and in the close captioning will not match - they will be saying the same thing but using different words, which is very distracting, for example the audio track will say “wise woman” and the subtitle will say “oracle” and so on … basically every single sentence will be off so you will know right away if you have the wrong subtitle but it’s something you need to test …

yes i recommend “Princess Mononoke” because it’s a classic, but it’s really meant more for younger audience as the two main characters are basically a boy and a girl, both virgins …

i will probably abandon the star rating system because something like this is too complex to rate on a linear scale … i could give it anywhere from 1 star to 5 stars depending on what i choose to focus on. if i focus on the fact that San ( Princess Mononoke ) is probably the easiest to fall in love with character in any film ever then it’s a 5 star movie. if i choose to focus on the fact that this is transhumanist environmentalist brainwashing for children then it’s a 1 star movie.

but either way it’s a classic. i just can’t give it a rating.