Assorted Industrial Maps

Automotive Assembly Plants in US

best explanation i can come up with here is combustion engine plants started from Michigan and went south … while Electric Vehicle plants started from Silicon Valley and went South-East

can’t really tie what i’m seeing on this map to any geographical features, climate, elevation or anything like that …

regardless, things are moving south and towards population center of gravity which means they on average are moving closer to Atlanta …

it seems we populated US in roughly this order:

• northeast
  • great lakes
  • the west
  • florida
  • texas

and my wishful thinking says Atlanta will be next …

Money, money, money…states giving relief/subsidies to manufacturers.

there are definitely cases where it’s just a matter of political climate, such as for example Arizona / Las Vegas attracting business from California simply due to having friendlier laws.

but it’s usually the most geographically disadvantaged locations that have to resort to such pro-business practices … i mean Las Vegas is a desert, same for Dubai etc …

by contrast areas that are geographically on the top of the food chain like California and NY do not give a fuck and show middle finger to businesses and even banks

because there is no second California and there is no second NYC - they can’t be fully replaced - so they can treat businesses and people like dirt - and they do

the problem is political climate can change - for example right now Florida has DeSantis - but for how long ? i’m trying to identify more fundamental / persistent metrics that can’t be cancelled with a few keystrokes on a Dominion voting system …

New Manufacturing Facilities ( major investments since 2021 ):

i see some patterns !

NOT ONE facility on the entire west coast !

NOT ONE in Florida.

vast majority are to the east of Mississippi.

significantly more in the south than in the north.

Atlanta is looking pretty good in terms of proximity to center of gravity of where the investments are heading …

“clean” energy:

i don’t consider Nuclear energy to be “clean” …

it is only “clean” if you think nuclear waste is cleaner than CO2 but if you think that you are a

HARDCORE FUCKING RETARD

radiation gives people cancer while CO2 is harmless

USE YOUR BRAIN

The Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida are the fastest growing states right now. I know a lot of people moving to South Carolina especially.

Atlanta is a shithole. It’s like 50% black and feels every bit of it. It’s not the center of anything.

the folks who sold this New Jersey house moved to Carolina, or Virginia was it … my best friend moved to Florida … i’m with you so far …

i have a separate thread for Atlanta but the main reason i’m thinking about it is it’s the southernmost large city that isn’t in a swamp like Miami or Houston or Desert like Dallas …

yes it’s black but every other southern city is Latino, which is worse, because Latino population is exploding while black population is stable …

and the reason i want to move south is because i envision they will cut off oil and gas and anybody not in the south with freeze to death …

if you want to make any comments about Atlanta specifically they should go here:

most cities in the Carolinas etc. are too small for my taste. there is net movement of jobs from smaller cities to larger ones. it would be nice to stay here in NJ as we are basically one metro area combining NYC and Philly with 25 mil population, which is about 4 times the size of Atlanta or Houston or Dallas …

but the winters here get pretty cold … it is POSSIBLE to still heat a home using geothermal and solar here but it would be a lot easier in the south …

the main benefit of staying here in NJ is this is where all the white people are as well as all the ivy league universities … but you would need like a high-end passive custom home to survive here in winter without access to gas or oil for heating …

i will continue doing research on all these subjects …