Washington DC Metro

last week i spent 2 days in DC metro area looking for homes.

( skip the following tangent about Laptops and Laptop bags if you don’t care about that )

this is what i bought the laptop for - i was using it from the hotel and also library. granted i didn’t need a full blown gaming laptop for this, but i figured it’s better to have power you don’t need than the other way.

in the end i decided that the relevant definition of being “portable” is that a laptop can fit in a backpack that in turn can qualify as “personal item” on an airplane and fit under the airplane seat. towards that end i went to a Tumi outlet store with an accurate scale cardboard model of my laptop and also asked them to bring out a tape measure ( i forgot to take mine ) and bought a backpack that fit the laptop and also passed the external dimensions for airline under seat / personal item.

i tried cheaper brands first but only Tumi would actually fit my gaming laptop and then still fit under an airline seat according to maximum allowed dimensions. this is why i recommend you get a Razer Blade laptop instead because it is smaller and will fit into a cheaper backpack, though you will still spend more in the end because the laptop is more expensive but at least you won’t get robbed because a cheaper backpack won’t attract as much attention.

and if you get a Tumi at least don’t get one trimmed in genuine carbon fiber like mine LOL. i didn’t get robbed ( yet ) but i was so worried about getting robbed that i had to stay at a better hotel than i normally would have just out of that fear.

Carbon Fiber is just a fabric - it is normally used to impregnate epoxy to make bikes etc, but Tumi has partnered with a company that figured out a way to turn Carbon Fiber into a leather like material by using it to impregnate a soft translucent material instead of hard epoxy. It looks just like regular carbon fiber because it IS regular carbon fiber but instead of being hard and brittle it is relatively soft … feels kind of like belt leather - firmer than usual materials used to make bags, but still flexible. In this application it is obviously not functional - it’s just for style. But it is real carbon fiber, which means it still shimmers in the light like real carbon fiber does - just like how real diamond refracts light different from fake ones.

well i am not 100% sure my bag uses genuine carbon fiber because it was an outlet store and a discontinued model so i don’t even know which model it is. but the current Tumi models do use genuine carbon fiber, and the carbon on my backpack does look real, though maybe it is just good imitation.

anyway i only paid a third of what a new Tumi carbon fiber backpack costs. i actually think if you get a Tumi bag on a discount like i did then it is a pretty good value considering the way it is made. all the materials are premium inside and out and there is no skimping on padding anywhere - not laptop sleeve nor shoulder straps etc. also everything is mostly logical - with exception of some minor mistakes everything is made the way it should be made.

my official verdict is - definitely check out Tumi “outlet” ( discontinued / discount ) store and see if they have something good on sale. i wouldn’t bother going to regular Tumi store - they will charge an arm and a leg.

word of warning though - the “outlet” store does NOT have ANY of the items you see on Tumi website ! NONE. they ONLY sell discontinued items OR special cheaply made items that were made just for the outlet store. my bag was a full-quality but discontinued model at 40% off. but it was 40% off from pre-inflation price so really it was a real bargain compared to their new full-price items.

anyway, of course i didn’t fly to DC - i drove. it’s about 4 hour drive from NJ ( plus pit stops ).

the main reason i take pit stops is to wash my hands. after about an hour my hands start to get oily and i want to keep my steering wheel clean.

next up: my impressions from the trip …

my first impression from Maryland and Virginia is that it is beautiful.

it is hilly and they have some of the greenest grass you will ever see.

also their trees bloom a more saturated hue of purple than here in New Jersey.

ideally i wanted to go sooner to catch the bloom at its peak, which is why i was in a rush because at this point we already had trees blooming in NJ and i knew it happens weeks earlier in DC because it’s further down south … i was super upset when the first laptop ( which i bought without reading any reviews ) turned out to be a dud and i was forced to actually read reviews and exchange it losing another week …

yet even with the delay the landscapes did not disappoint. the countryside in VA / MD is breathtaking. out of the states i been to i would put it in 2nd place right behind California.

here is the thing though - California went from 95% white middle of 20th century to only 1/4 of births going to whites currently.

whereas Washington DC is actually getting WHITER.

that’s right. it’s basically the only city in America that’s getting whiter.

why ? two reasons.

1 - none of the migrant buses actually go to DC.
2 - the Nigs from DC are all moving down to Atlanta.

based on this i am now trying to make the move to DC happen.

but there are difficulties as well. before leaving i had tentatively picked an area ( Winchester, about 75 miles from DC ) after touring it and finding the gyms and the girls there to my liking ( i toured the gyms and the University ) …

but yesterday after typing up this whole thread i realized there was NO BUS going from Winchester to DC and i wasn’t about to put 150 miles on a car every day to commute.

i then deleted the entire thread …

commuter / coach bus service is so good here in NJ that i simply assumed it would be the same in DC but it isn’t …

i still want to make DC happen but it will be harder than i thought and i am back to the drawing board as far as how to make it work …

for example yesterday i was looking into options like carpooling …

in the mean time i would like to hear your thoughts about DC area if you have any !

i have to mention that there IS a lot of blacks there still.

for example the real estate agent RedFin assigned to me is a black woman.

although most of the blacks are to the EAST of the center, whereas the part to the WEST is fairly white.

but what matters more to me is the TREND / DYNAMIC.

the blacks that are there now are a BENEFIT since they bring down the price i have to pay for property.

once i have received my Nigger discount they can fuck off straight to Atlanta.

i also like DC because it’s just the right distance from NYC where my parents are.

it’s about 250 miles.

i don’t want to be either closer or further.

i had previously lived in California for a year and it was too far.

and i now live in NJ and it is too close.

i feel like DC is just right.

Yes, it’s very nice there because that’s where the money printer is. The roads and infrastructure are nice and the place is clean and everything is orderly as it ought to be because the people living there can throw unlimited money toward making it a nice place for them to live. I was in Virginia recently as well and I couldn’t help but notice how well kept the place is compared to most of the United States. I’d consider living there myself.

1 Like

I toured the DC area and surrounds when I was at the beginning of my teenage years and that was before it even became the Imperial City that it is now. It was just starting to dig out of being a backward shithole then. But what I remember about the VA/MD countryside above all was that it is amazing scenery. Not unlike the Midwest where I grew up, but more dramatic hills, more diversity of plant life, etc. Just an amazing setting, and especially if you like outdoors recreation as I do. Now, it’s also big enough that it would have all the amenities of the biggest cities, but without the drawbacks of the giant ones like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc.

I am considering moving a bit farther south – perhaps St. Louis , MO area which I recently visited – as well but it is going to be a few years before I would do anything like that. DS has lived in Jersey for like 5 years IIRC, and I don’t want to leave yet because I have unfinished business and moving is an enormous time commitment and a hassle. I want to be here at least 5 years before doing that again.

1 Like

NYC has a money printer too but for whatever reason decided to destroy itself with Illegal Immigrants.

i showed the news to OFSH on Twitter ( we’re both from NYC ) but i think i didn’t post it here - one of the high schools in which i competed on the swimming team ( Madison High School in Brooklyn, we always lost to them ) has ordered all their students to go home indefinitely and study remotely, while the high school itself was converted to housing for Mexican Illegals that were bussed in the same night.

the problem with NYC isn’t lack of money. it’s the politics.

but DC seems to have ( knock on wood ) both the money printer AND the political will to divert migrant buses to SOMEWHERE ELSE.

the reason i never considered inland areas is climate.

the thermal mass of the ocean has a tremendous moderating effect on temperature extremes and is also a source of precipitation.

coastal areas will always have milder summers as well as milder winters and are also less likely to experience draught.

think of the Roman Empire or the British Empire - what do they have in common ? water. ( Mediterranean vs Atlantic ). it has benefit both for transport and for weather.

i grew up in Kiev which is NOT a coastal city and sometimes it would often get dangerously cold there in winter. like -30C. i would never go back to that. only way to avoid temperature extremes like this is to live on the coast.

by contrast when i lived in California it never got very cold in winter and you never needed AC in summer. because California is between ocean thermal mass and mountain range that isolates it from the continental air mass. sadly California is gone demographically.

of course the non-whites have mostly seized the coasts and pushed Whites inland, to the north and into the mountains … but DC is somewhat an exception to this …

the other fairly white coastal cities are Boston and Seattle but Boston is an old city, stagnating almost as bad as NYC and is cold … while Seattle is isolated geographically.

DC on other hand is a new and growing city, has good weather, is located close to the center of mass of population of USA and is the only major city i can think of that is actually getting whiter.

yeah it’s a major pain. and my move from NYC to NJ was barely over 50 miles. the main hassle was getting the stuff down using the elevator because my building didn’t allow moving at nights or weekends and superintendent was a mexican who hated me and was very strict about the rules.

the next problem was that NYC banned trucks on most of the streets and roads you would normally use so you had to take special truck routes using a special app for truck drivers.

end even after that trucks apparently have separate speed limits, lower than that for passenger vehicles and also can’t use all lanes etc. the app showed that stuff but it was annoying to go slow, not that going fast in a truck or van was a pleasure either ( loud banging on smallest of road imperfections ).

i suppose trucks are better when it comes to noise than vans. in a van the entire thing resonates. in a truck your cabin is mostly sound insulated. but the problem with trucks is often the seat doesn’t go back far enough compared to a van. also there was a very narrow old bridge i didn’t like taking in a wide U-Haul truck and preferred using a van for.

vans also drive more sporty than trucks do. of course that depends on what you put in a van but i was never able to load one up to the point where it would drive like a truck. there are also some vans that have a second row of seats but still set up for cargo in the back, called “crew van”

( the sliding door window in a crew van is heavily tinted so you can hide the cargo but still see outside )

these will allow you to move your entire family as well as some cargo at the same time. can be handy on short trips like from NYC to NJ. you can’t get them from U-Haul but i rented a Mercedes Sprinter Turbo-Diesel van equipped like this a few times though the rental company that had them was in downtown so quite a bit further than U-Haul.

another thing to note about Sprinter is it is very narrow, because it’s built for narrow European streets. the sprinter is narrow and tall. the Ford van seems wider and not as tall. both drive well with Mercedes being just slightly better driving IMO. but both drive WAY better than a truck, or than those old GMC vans. either the V6 turbo-diesel Sprinter or the 10-speed automatic Ford Van both are zippy to the point where you can actually have fun driving them.

( no window in the sliding door on Ford above means it’s a cargo van, generally Mercedes seems a more common choice for passenger and crew vans due to it being slightly smoother ).

whether you get Mercedes or Ford i highly recommend finding one with a backup camera, because visibility in cargo vans is pretty horrible. not sure if U-Haul trucks even have backup camera as option. may want to travel the road in some other car first before driving a U-Haul truck there.

anyway, really the challenge was to get out of the apartment building and then get out of NYC. once you were out you were basically home ( an hour of smooth sailing later ).

getting out of NYC apartment is like some kind of extraction game like Escape from Tarkov LOL

thanks K.

i remember how you trashed Atlanta ( which was my previous idea that no longer makes sense to me ) so i know you’re not being positive for the sake of being positive.

you are not a positive person.

that’s good.

we should be able to communicate our thoughts even when they are not positive.

at least here.

had my first ( and hopefully last ) Nig encounter in DC area yesterday.

i was in my car parked about 100 feet from a house i just toured with an agent when i was approached by a Nig who demanded to know what i was doing parked in front of his home.

i wasn’t actually parked in front of his home. i was parked on a cul de sac where his home was but it had like a loop with some blossoming trees in the middle and i was parked on the side of those trees, opposite his house but not in front of it. but i suppose from his perspective i was parked in front of his house.

he asked why i didn’t park in front of the house i was toured … i told him some BS but the real reason is i’m anti-social and there were other people there and i preferred a quiet spot next to those beautiful trees in the center of the cul de sac.

the most frustrating part about all this was that his white friend was there backing him up. by friend i mean the guy from another home in that same cul de sac. the white guy never said a word but was clearly on the side of his Nig neighbor and not on my side because i wasn’t from the area.

they were ostensibly concerned about safety of their children. in the end i had to call my real estate agent ( who had left by then ) who explained to them that the house went on sale earlier in the day - i was actually the first to tour it. the agent was a woman and they calmed down.

however, i had seen way too many nigs at that point and i was done with DC. out of six front desk people at the two hotels four were Nigs. this was in an ostensibly white area.

and as i was getting out of that fateful house some black woman pulled up and smiled at me - i never found out if she was another agent or who she was. but between her and the other Nig that was too many Nigs for comfort on one block, again, in an ostensibly white neighborhood.

basically my main premise that Nigs in DC are all concentrated on the right side of the river has proven false.

yes i did drive through that black area and saw some 4-wheel ATV motorcycle gangs there but that wasn’t an issue - i was never going to go back to that area - i was just driving through it because that was the shortest route GPS chose.

the real problem is that in DC the Nigs are everywhere. even in areas that appear white on the map.

the old style map that showed people as colored dots rather than a solid color was better. on the new style map you can only see majority race and how big of a majority it is but can’t see the distribution of the minorities.

after two trips to the area ( 2 days each, two weeks apart from each other ) i can now conclude the amount of Nigs in the supposedly white areas of DC is TOO MUCH.

aside from that DC was awesome. great downtown, great countryside, great roads.

but … Nigs.

i think DC is out …

back to the drawing board.

i will further add that even a good demographics map is not substitute for in person tours.

your actual experience will teach you things a map never could.

the map is only a starting point.

was never happier to be back in NJ.

from the start in DC i was getting the feeling that there are too many Niggers but i kept telling myself it will be fine …

but that was just cope …

i’m just lucky the Nig got in my face in time because minutes earlier when touring the house i thought this is it. i found it.

the neighborhood was crazy beautiful with flowers everywhere, hills, an hour earlier i was getting hit on by 12 year old girls at the library - everything was going great.

but then the Nig gave me a reality check. none of the positives are worth anything if you have animal neighbors that can get in your face anytime they’re in a bad mood and you can’t do anything about it.

i was in this exact situation in California and was one of the reasons i came back. my Nigger neighbor family would come to my pool with their pit bull, that would also run around my place completely unsupervised at other times as well. and the neighbors from the other side ( mexican gang ) would play soccer in my driveway then threaten to kill me for “trying to run them over” …

whenever you get a crazy good deal on a place whether it is apartment for rent or house for sale - watch for Nigger neighbors.

actually in ALL of the houses i seen in my two trips to DC i have observed Nigger neighbors, in an otherwise white area. that’s actually incredible luck that i have seen them. there was no reason for them to be outside yet they were.

and the last Nig was kind enough to literally come to my car and demand i get out to make 100% sure i will never come back to DC.

basically in DC you get incredible infrastructure that is being rapidly updated ( there were road construction projects everywhere working seemingly 24/7 ), you get great scenery, great grass / trees / blossom, great weather ( it was about 10F warmer than in NJ at the same time ) … you get a lot of good things …

all ruined by Niggers …

the Niggers won’t rear their ugly head right away, or you may see them but they may act human …

but give it time … and it will happen.

sure if you’re offered some crazy $$$ paying government job you can deal with the Nigs - the place itself is great, you just need to always be on the lookout for Nigs.

but if you don’t have a specific need to live in DC it’s worth considering less Niggy options.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Alkiphron survives Karen Attack