US Megaregions

i came across this concept first when i was looking for where to escape from NYC …

at the time i used this interactive 3D population density map:

https://www.homearea.com/featured/3d-population-density/#00

a 3D GDP map similar to this one:

but now there is a new cool map, though i wish it was high resolution …

it maps not population or GDP but COMMUTES

i still haven’t made sense out of it but it seems an ambitious project so if they put in the effort to study this then there must be something in it …

everything the globalists study has important implications for the future - they don’t do these things because they are bored.

most likely they will use this data to formulate a strategy for how to cripple transportation in this country in order to reduce impact on the environment …

any area in which GDP is low but commutes are long is probably going to get singled out for involuntary extinction …

on other hand any area where GDP is high and commutes are short ( or make use off public transit ) will be kept on life support …

remember DENSIFICATION is the name of the game. this is why i believe in the North East. the NE is both the most dense and the highest GDP area of US and this new commute map is looking good as well - i really like how everything is interconnected.

way back at the Uni we were told the value of a network is proportional to the square of the number of nodes … later i learned Transhumanists believe that civilization level is measured by the amount of energy available to it …

the North East is also looking good in terms of sea ports, and although at one point it started losing to Los Angeles with the rise of Asia … the expansion of the Panama Canal has put NorthEast ports back in the game …

the NorthEast is also the whitest part of America when adjusted for density … sure the rural America is whiter but that’s because there are no homeless or welfare queens in the forest … they are all in the cities.

Seattle would probably be the LIGHTEST SKIN major economic center in US but the lightness comes from Chinese, Japanese, Koreans etc …

I also have family members in Europe and US North East is obviously closest part of US to Europe …

these are all some of the reasons why i’m not rushing to move to Texas or Florida but obviously i will continue to …

MONITOR THE SITUATION ( TM )

Don’t think they need to cripple transportation.
People go to areas where there is opportunity so the high density areas will become even higher density.

However, I am not sure what percentage of people are able to work from home and if that will have a significant effect on increasing density.

not quite …

opportunities are where people can network … AKA megaregions …

densest areas are inner city ghetto slums where all you can do is buy heroin or a crack whore …

densest areas attract homeless, junkies, immigrants and nonwhites which in turn drive out the productive middle class …

this productive middle class is unwilling to live in the cities yet still needs to network somehow - so what can it do ?

it fills areas like Palo Alto which is between San Francisco and San Jose … or areas like Princeton which is between NYC and Philadelphia … MEGAREGIONS

there is a 160 mph AMTRAK going through Princeton which runs from Boston to Washington DC … density in Princeton is low enough that you can see deer walking on the street yet via AMTRAK you’re 2 hours away from any point in the NorthEast, which is 20% of US economy as well as most of Ivy League schools …

that’s my logic anyway. you are welcome to offer alternative theories.

the next thing these people need to look at is accents and dialects …

California has its own dialect which was obviously immediately when i lived there …

and of course everybody knows UK and Australia have their own dialects / accents …

people talk of Brooklyn accent as well but since i learned English in Brooklyn i don’t know what it is since clearly i speak with it …

i bet a powerful AI system could map dialects very accurately which would show what the real megaregions are based on common dialect spoken …

for example what people think of Chinese language is Mandarin spoken in Beijing while Cantonese is spoken in Shanghai … ironically of course if you go to China to do business you’re probably going to Shanghai so you could learn “Chinese” and not be able to speak when you get there …

of course i didn’t have any problems speaking in California but it was weird the way people speak there …

there are probably differences in language from Boston to NY to Philly to DC but logically they should be smaller as you can easily drive from one of these cities to another ( or use train or bus ) whereas while i drove from NYC to California it is not reasonable to do so - only Plane really makes sense unless it’s a permanent move and you want to take your car with you.

a plane adds a whole another level of complexity - you have to pass TSA, check in baggage, rent a car etc …

the “NorthEast Megalopolis”

still makes the most sense to me.

but i will be happy to hear any counter-arguments.

What you are saying then, is a re-summation of what you said earlier:

i see cities as a sort of cross section of a tree …

most of the tree is dead and just acts as a structural support …

the core is completely rotten … ( inner city ghettos )

and only the bark ( suburbs ) is alive and growing …

the contrast is really stark - healthy white families, children playing outside in suburbs …

versus homeless, prostitutes, drug dealers, potholes, filth, stench, noise, crime, no view of the sky etc in the city …

So there is a dead core, a surrounding middle class, and around them, and further away, an upper class…Hmmm…

Then you speak of a middle class trying to get away from the ghettos, and unable to get into the really good neighbourhoods…a precarious existence…for as the economy tightens…the upper areas get more expensive, and the ghettos grow.

On the face of it, it appears the middle is shrinking.

Thus, if you get figures on what constitutes the middle class for these megaregions, one could see if the middle class is growing, holding its own, or shrinking. Also the demographics would be interesting: is the middle getting browner, more Asian etc. and so on…

yes but with the twist that the suburbs of cities that are next to each other are starting to interlink into continuous megaregions …

so for example “san francisco bay area” also known as “silicon valley” is actually many cities whose suburbs merged into a continuous “area” surrounding the san francisco bay …

likewise the suburbs of NYC and Philadelphia have merged as well at first because Princeton University, AMTRAK line as well as US-95 and US-1 were running in between them but now this link and area around Princeton is expanding with new construction everywhere …

some of these areas actually span across the border for example on the west coast both south and north borders of US cut right through such an area …

so it’s not about cities anymore nor even about countries but about these areas that have alternative names such as megalopolis or megaregion …

even what people think of as “Los Angeles” isn’t actually a city - it’s an area 90 miles across that includes many cities of which Los Angeles is one of them …

same in China … the urbanized area around Hong Kong is about 100 miles wide and that around Shanghai around 150 miles wide …

the combined NY-Philly region is about 120 miles wide …

inside this NY-Philly region there are several no-go fuckholes such as Trenton, Bronx and others … and other areas like Holmdel with nothing but beautiful parks without any poor people …

the fuckholes tend to be in flat areas down low close to ports where density can be high and there is need for unskilled labor …

the beautiful parks and white people areas tend to be in the mountains away from any sort of industrial areas or cargo routes …

in this case the tree analogy no longer applies …

the tree analogy in fact applies only to boring cities … even if we consider NYC by itself without Philly it doesn’t follow that model because the rotted part in NYC is actually a ring not a core …

also something like Bay Area has water where the core should be … and so on

another way to think of ghettos is like zits / acne filled with pus …

the healthy skin surrounding them actually links together between the different zits …

the pus filled ghettos tend to concentrate themselves while the suburb seek to spread out …

but i think that while spreading out they also seek to interlink … just at a very low density, so maybe at about 200 - 300 feet from family to family versus ghettos where families live on top of each other in apartments …

there were several forest fires here recently

i could smell smoke for about 2 weeks

they’re burning people out of the woods

if you live alone in the woods you will die in a forest fire that they start routinely

i think what you want is to live in one of these interlinked low-density areas - just far enough from the ghettos - but not in the middle of nowhere where they will burn you out …

80 miles from Philly to NYC - a perfect amount of space for some suburbs in the middle IMO

a youtuber went from NYC to Philly and back on a single charge in Mercedes EQS … well, he almost made it back. this is the right amount of room to work with IMO - you can’t cover these distances on a bicycle but you can in an electric car. with gas of course i drove from NYC to Toronto on a single tank but gas is history of course …

the movie Dredd ( 2012 )

is set in the NorthEast megaregion and explicitly describes it as a continuous ghetto from Boston to Washington DC with a population of 800 million ( current population is 50 million )

so i don’t think in terms of cities or suburbs but megaregions or areas where suburbs of adjacent cities begin to interlink …

you bet your ass.

Princeton is all Asian ( both Light skin Asians and the ones from India )

i don’t actually live in Princeton. i live in a White Area.

this graphic from GAB is for those of you who still think you can go off grid

they will harass you over nothing until you snap and then they will kill you

And this is in Texas!
Where’s the link?
Was the guy disturbed?

The land of the freee!!!

1 Like

US from Space at Night, High-Resolution

Everyone lives in the east, cows in the middle, and Cali in the west.

the problem with the west ( Cali, Washington State ) isn’t the lack of people there - but lack of land.

they are sandwiched between ocean and mountains … and desert.

property values in places like San Francisco and Vancouver are insane as a result.

in the East there is room to spread out - in the west not so much.

It’s not so much that people don’t want to live in the west it’s that pretty much there is nowhere to live there.

or maybe it’s that Calhoun’s mouse Utopia thing and the space is actually there but they lost their minds already …

i mean in California there are vineyards for example - why not use that space for housing ?

there may not be any space left in San Francisco or Los Angeles but there is space elsewhere in California …

confusing …

i’m going to go to sleep i have to wake up like 5 am.