Unsorted Old Songs

Panic Lift - Failsafe

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Something you might like.

i really enjoyed Grendel’s 2007 album “Harsh Generation” - i think most tracks on that album were good.

i guess back then it was a really edgy sound …

i think the way music evolves is there is some experimentation at the fringes and eventually the more successful experiments end up getting absorbed into more mainstream music a decade later …

Grendel to me now sounds dated as experimental stuff doesn’t age very well by its very nature though they did produce some catchy tunes …

lately i have been observing how people have the need to hurt others and it reminded me of this song …

Client - Someone To Hurt

“Honour 2003” was peak VNV nation IMO …

i remember using this track around, well, 2003 or so, to demonstrate the sound system i built for my car back in college that used dual 12" subwoofer custom designed to be the largest possible box that could fit in the trunk. it also used one of the very first class D amplifiers - 1,000W by Rockford Fosgate at the time when the tech was so new the guy who sold me the amp on Canal Street in Manhattan had no idea what it was himself. all subwoofer amps are class D now of course but this was 20 years ago.

my college friend who wasn’t into electronic music upon listening to this track in my car cranked up pretty good said this experience made him understand why some people are into electronic dance music. he said it was a different experience. he never experienced being enveloped by sound and penetrated by bass like this before.

in retrospect somebody should have given him ecstasy and taken him to a club but as it is he just stayed being an antisocial geek - having only caught a tiny glimpse of what some people live for.

anyway 20 years later the track doesn’t sound dated at all - amazing ! this was pure genius by VNV nation at the time.