The Killing of a Sacred Deer ( 2017 )

this film is from Yorgos Lanthimos ( the director of “the lobster” ) and it has the same kind of black comedy theme to it …

but it’s mostly a horror movie.

the film is absolutely brutal not so much in the violence but in the way it dismantles the characters making absolute mockery of them.

the characters are psychologically crushed and that is the real horror part of the movie … yes there is death, blood coming out of the eyes and all that good horror stuff in the movie but those aren’t the scary parts … the scary part is the sheer DEHUMANIZATION of characters …

what can i say - i fucking love movies like this but at the same time it is not an easy movie to recommend because in the words of Colin Farrell ( who plays the protagonist ) the movie is BLEAK

BLEAK is absolutely the right word as well … i watched some interviews with Colin Farrell and he is EXTREMELY well spoken …

i’m going to give it 4.5 stars on MovieLens … it is quite similar to “The Lobster” but darker and more subliminal and focuses on family dynamics rather than social dynamics …

the main themes in the movie are guilt, revenge and denial but this movie is so insane it’s really all over the place …

so much so i watched every single analysis of this movie on YouTube and all the reviewers pretty much just gave up trying to understand WTF Yorgos was doing there …

which i like :slight_smile:

PS: a friendly reminder ! this is a “review” ( No Spoilers ! ) not “analysis”

watch the movie then you can post your analysis in a different thread …

PS2: i didn’t put this movie into “movies that were much better than i expected” thread because this movie being good was not a surprise in any way shape or form …

Ok. Will download.
Someone must have dropped that poor director on his head…
Bleaker than The Lobster is no joke.
Torrents here I come!

1 Like

LOL

i’m out to sleep TTYL