Source Code ( 2011 )

i gave it 3 stars out of 5 on MovieLens, while the average rating is 3.75 stars ( or 7.5 out of 10 ).

this is a PG-13 movie … i very rarely enjoy PG-13 movies …

it also very strongly reminded me of a 2005 movie “The Jacket” ( which i reviewed separately, and which also received 3 stars from me )

and of course both movies are about a sort of a Groundhog Day type time loop …

the plot of “Source Code” makes NO SENSE at all … and overall the movie is WEAK

on the upside the two women in the movie are both attractive …

just like the other two movies ( Jacket / Groundhog ) it’s sort of a half-romantic / half-action movie, but with more action than the other two …

this film is likely intended for couples to watch, as it provides just enough action for the guy and just enough romance for the girl … but it isn’t particularly strong in either area …

overall it’s just OKAY and only if you’re willing to ignore the fact that the time loop itself is completely implausible …

personally the reason i watched it is because it was available to me in 4K resolution, and as such i don’t regret watching it …

should you watch it ? probably not …

well the upside is there isn’t a lot of woke stuff in it - sure the smartest guy on earth is black and his second in command is a woman, and the evil mastermind is modeled after me complete with his own extremist website … but what did you expect ?

on the upside there is at least no holocaust, no homosexuals and no Israel or Iran …

basically think of it as Jason Bourne meets Groundhog Day or something like that …

i was not impressed by the movie but you can watch it if you want a somewhat light hearted romantic action movie that makes no sense …

as bad as “Source Code” is, it’s still at least 3 times better than “Tenet” or “Inception” from Nolan … those Nolan movies were too long and tedious, whereas “Source Code” is not …

“Source Code” was basically too light for my taste … so much so i’m thinking about watching another movie back to back right now, something i almost never do unless the first movie was really “light” …

a “heavy” movie like “Aniara” takes me days to recover …

but if you decide to watch “Source Code” and end up enjoying it i won’t hold it against you … it isn’t horrible just not a particularly heavy hitting movie for my taste and the science doesn’t make too much sense …

actually “Source Code” has a sort of a “Top Gun Maverick” feel to it, except even more improbable … but roughly similar in emotions it evokes, if perhaps with a bit less adrenaline …

actually i was too harsh …

after sleeping on it it’s actually not that bad …

i mean the science still makes absolutely no sense …

but it does tickle you in some good spots so perhaps it does deserve the 3.75 stars that it gets on average from other reviewers …

i was also unable to watch a second movie yesterday. “Source Code” was still in the back of my head so i decided to go to sleep instead. it was a good decision. i kept thinking about still when i woke up.

i don’t think you’re supposed to analyze this movie - just feel it.