Right Now, Wrong Then ( 2015 )

3 stars, this movie is OKAY

before @marlon says i am not watching Korean movies i recognized both girls in this movie

the short girl was the daughter in “Snowpiercer” and the taller girl was the Lady in “Handmaiden”

this movie is about a film director who is an alcoholic, a womanizer and a hopeless romantic …

it is a good movie but quite slow and only partially redeemed by the fact that you get to look at Kim Min-hee during most of the slower parts …

quite simply not a lot actually happens in the movie. it reminds me of old Soviet movies which were all like that because they didn’t have to compete for screen time with anything ( there is no competition under Communism ) and thus all had this extremely slow pace as if time didn’t count for anything …

and indeed in Soviet Union time counted for nothing … when i came to US i couldn’t understand why everybody seems to be in a rush … especially in NYC i saw women always running somewhere … i don’t think i ever saw anybody run in Soviet Union who wasn’t a child …

maybe i should go back to studying Korean. it’s a very hard language - i will never be fluent in it - but it would be cool to recognize more words in movies. i can’t speak German for example but i recognize about half the words in German movies.