Progressive

Revizia, Assalm - NEUROGULAG

MEMBA - Sun Sala

Very creative music video…

for whatever reason this “video” doesn’t seem to play in Spotify ( yet ) even though these visualizations seem to be created for Spotify.

my understanding is they are intentionally repetitive because Spotify will play a short loop instead of a full video to save streaming bandwidth.

these Visualizations IMO aren’t meant to be music videos, but Album Art of sorts for the era where we no longer buy Music on CDs or Vinyl but stream it on Spotify …

by default Spotify shows square album art but it really makes more sense to fill the entire screen with a moving image … so long as it doesn’t eat your whole data plan so it has to be a short loop …

also when listening on your phone you’re probably doing other things ( like lifting weights ) so you probably don’t have time to watch a whole video anyway …

i guess it’s right between Album Art and Music Video … which is why i had to create a separate category in addition to “music video” and “audio only” … well i didn’t have to but i wanted to make that distinction …

of course Spotify will just cut a short loop from a full length video if it has to but why make a full music video if you know Spotify will only use a short portion of it ? might as well make it a loop to begin with.

although i will never listen to bad music just because album art is good i sometimes skip good music because album art is bad … but i like this one.

considering the “sun” is in the track name, the track is about dancing and it has to be a short loop i think they did well with sun worshipping people dancing around the solar clock during an eclipse with a color scheme that at the same time looks like both sunlight and night time such that at “night” ( eclipse ) the dancers become the source of light … i dig it

but really i posted this for the music …

i pay $10 a month for Spotify premium which gives me unlimited skips without ads - makes my life a lot easier !

1 Like

these Visualizations IMO aren’t meant to be music videos, but Album Art of sorts for the era where we no longer buy Music on CDs or Vinyl but stream it on Spotify …

Thanks…didn’t think of that.

1 Like

Varien - DEAD!NAME

Ytram & Citadelle - Alive