Options and Control

you need to have Control or you need to have Options

for example when you live in a single family home with a garage you have some control over what happens on your property ( because you legally own guns and can kill anybody who enters your property without your consent ) … and you have some options to where you can drive your car …

on other hand if you live in a city apartment without parking ( as most young people live these days ) you have less control over what happens on your property ( can’t listen to loud music or move furniture at night, even if you “own” your apartment ) and fewer options in terms of where you can go as you will mostly be limited to bus / subway routes unless you can afford to take Uber everywhere …

obviously there are some buildings with decent parking garages, but in my old building in Brooklyn there was a 6 year wait time for a parking spot in the garage, but by the time i could get a spot i have already decided to move out of NYC …

also the main reason guys like @OldFriendSaysHello have parking in their buildings is because it used to be illegal to build high-rise apartment buildings without a parking deck. in other words we used to have so-called parking minimums - it was understood that people need to park and housing developers were obligated to build a certain minimum amount of parking for any given building size.

Urbanists are now viciously attacking parking minimums claiming they represent communism ( when of course it is Urbanists themselves who are communist ) anyway expect parking minimums to get smaller and smaller until there are none. Brent Toderian bragged how he was able to reduce parking minimums in his part of Canada from 1 parking spot per house to 1 parking spot per lot ( which allows 3 residences to be built on it ). Imagine 3 families sharing 1 parking spot - that is the future Urbanists have in mind for you.

regardless, this isn’t about buildings and cars … but options and control in general …

if you have no control and no options - you are fucked. on other hand you don’t need both control and options - you only need one or the other. you need to either be able to bend the situation to your will or exit the situation ( to a different one ).

so my point is simply that whenever you are about to put yourself in a situation ( whatever that may be, like buying a home, signing up for gym membership, getting married - etc. ) you need to ask yourself those things - what control if any will i have ? and what options if any will i have ?

if you will have neither control nor options - don’t get into that situation no matter how attractive it may look.

so for example with a prostitute you have no control. you can’t tell her whose dick she may or may not suck etc. but you have options - you can ditch her any time and get another one.

with a wife, the way it USED TO BE you had no options ( you couldn’t get a new wife, it was extremely frowned upon, King Henry had to start his own Church just to divorce his wife ) but you had control. you could tell your wife to never come out of her room if you wanted to. unfortunately for King Henry he couldn’t tell his wife to get pregnant so he had to find a way to divorce her … fortunately he had enough control over the country to where he was able to change the official religion to allow for Divorce … giving him options …

so as i said before getting into any situation look at the mix of options and control you will have and don’t allow yourself to become fixated on something you want that the situation promises …

so in case of wife / GF / prostitute don’t be fixated on sex or children or whatever it is that you hope to get out of it … think instead of whether you will be able to control the situation and / or get out of it whenever you want …

hoes today be like " why would you want me to sign a prenup when i love you, don’t you love me ? " … don’t be a sucker. if a girl would leave you just because you wanted her to sign a prenup there is a 100% chance she was at least considering divorce raping you at some point if you failed to please her.

this thread was inspired by my home search where at the beginning i was judging locations by what they had to offer, such as a great gym or a great transit option …

but after i had to quit my gym ( over a dispute with Nigger janitors ) and after a bus park and ride that was a major selling point for me got permanently closed i realized something else was more important …

i was able to find another gym and another bus park and ride and that’s what made me understand the importance of having options …

i had no control over Niggers in the gym and i had no control over Bus company deciding to end service … but i had options … by PURE LUCK

going forward, of course, luck isn’t good enough. and i decided that instead of picking one gym or one mode of transport ( since i can’t control them ) i will instead look for a healthy mix of options in the area …

if there is one gym or one bus in the area it doesn’t matter how good they are - because they represent no options and no control.

yes in the worst case scenario with a home and a car you always have options and control as a last resort backup …

and you will never have control over anything that isn’t yours ( like a gym or bus ) but more options is better …

i think generally control may be a cope.

we need to tell ourselves that we have control because thinking otherwise would be too depressing. we probably imagine ourselves to have control over things that we do not - like our government for example.

in case of government we also imagine ourselves to have options, which we also do not have there.

but in life in general we probably should lean more on options than on control. at least that’s my defeatist view as a loser.

if you’re an Alpha like Donald Trump or Elon Musk you may feel that having control is more important.

but you should have at least one or the other.