Oil and Gas Pipelines Maps

Interactive Map for CANADA

https://neb-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2d11fd4e6a7a4f4ba7fe6bdf51ae52de

when looking at tanker ship traffic i noticed they don’t go all the way up the great lakes and my first assumption was that large ships can’t make it there … but then i realized the real reason is pipelines go up to Montreal so there is no reason for Tanker ships to go further …

random anecdote: my high school friend moved to Canada and eventually ended up working in the oil industry in Alberta … you can clearly see why from the map …

obviously if / when i find quality working maps for US and / or other parts of the world i will post them in this thread …

here is a map for US and Canada ( spoiler alert: this map turned out to be incomplete ):

when looking at tanker ship traffic i noticed an enormous number of them going to the gulf of Mexico and again, you can see this reflected in the pipelines map …

something else that’s interesting is there seem to be no pipelines to east or west coast ( actually there smaller ones not shown here ) … perhaps because those can be supplied by Tanker ships …

wild ass guess - oil has to get from Alberta to Montreal or Vancouver and from there it can reach LA and NYC via tankers …

what about gas though ? i have gas. where does it come from ? interesting ( edit - it comes from smaller pipelines not shown in the above map ) …

so apparently the map above was FAKE, or rather it only shows larger pipelines ?

here is another one ( click for full size ):

this would explain how i am able to have gas here in New Jersey …

also you can clearly see from the above map the production of oil and gas in the Gulf of Mexico

i read once that there is no gas in Florida because they don’t really need heating in winter … but based on above map that is not true. they seem to have gas. maybe the houses simply aren’t set up to use it for heating or cooking but the peninsula itself has gas pipelines apparently …

Also shows that there is no actual shortage of commercially available oil…

at least not when it comes to private jets fueling up :slight_smile: