Nostr Followers Update

it’s going better than i expected …

there could be a bug. it’s possible some of these people have unfollowed me but continue to show on the list. you never know for sure with NOSTR.

update

despite NOSTR being a tiny fraction of the size of Twitter i have about 5 times more real followers on NOSTR than Twitter based on how many views i get on threads here that i link on NOSTR vs Twitter

most of my Twitter followers are just sex bots from Thailand but most of my NOSTR followers are real people who want to know what i am saying

of course the three Lyn Aldens that follow me are spam bots … i also unfollowed the real Lyn because she promised to comment on Gaza but never did … which means she is completely beholden to Finance Jews and thus an NPC …

don’t forget to follow me on NOSTR at NPUB below !

npub1nshq4pcyzdmnewg4h8yu6tsuh5t72whzkz5x4wj7t0c0cy7yyrfqq2cgnl

i post even more demented shit on NOSTR than i do here because i try to keep this site classy whereas NOSTR is all out shitposting !

You’re obviously shadowbanned. I still go on X occasionally and though I can see that you’ve posted if I go to your wall, your posts never show up in my feed. I think the WEF chick they hired to implement the new “safety” features made it even easier to get shadowbanned than before. The algos seem to allow you to say more than you used to be able to without getting banned, but the content will simply not be served to anyone.

EDIT: I will join NOSTR when I have a moment.

you’re right except “shadowbanned” is now an archaic term since Twitter went algorithmic, because now everything is in the shadows.

the algorithm controls everything and it is an opaque black box - nobody knows anything about it.

everybody on NOSTR talks about this issue. of course NOSTR doesn’t have algorithms, and the inventor / founder of NOSTR is opposed to them, though i actually am not ! i want NOSTR to have algorithms but they must be independent so everybody can choose their own.

here is Jack Dorsey talking about the issue of Algorithms as posted on Twitter:

https://x.com/tsarnick/status/1798471323024502806

by the way i re-started my premium subscription on Twitter again yesterday. i understand Twitter has issues but think of it this way - every person you now has issues - we wish they were different in some way - but we can’t change them. our option is to take the good with the bad or leave the relationship. some people choose to be manipulative but it’s not my style.

for me with Twitter - i take the good with the bad. too many smart people post exclusively on Twitter for me to leave. however i get to choose how i use it. mainly i just use Twitter to interact with those smart people and also to steal memes and post them on NOSTR. then any sort of lengthy posts go here on my site.

i make no effort to build my brand on twitter so to speak because

1 - they can take it away from me
2 - or at least they can suppress my reach
3 - twitter doesn’t deserve my best content
4 - my best content is against twitter rules anyway

think of it this way - you may not have a wife or boss but just pretend that you do - would you expect your boss to make you sandwich ? would you expect your wife to give you a paycheck ?

the real problem with something like twitter is wrong expectations. if you expect your boss to act like your wife or vice versa you will be disappointed. Twitter, NOSTR and this site here serve different purposes to me. I am not bothered by the fact that each one has limitations. I only think of how i can combine them for my benefit.

my advice from practical usability perspective is to use Notion

( which is what most people switched to after Evernote crippled their free version )

to keep track of your NPUB and NSEC so you have them available to copy / paste at all your devices.

this is probably bad OPSEC but reality is that dedicated key signer software like Alby and Nos2x sometimes doesn’t work as expected … a simple note taking app like Notion is just way more reliable …

I had many occasions when some kind of client or Alby switched my keys for some stupid reason and i was only able to fix everything because i had them saved elsewhere.

you can of course just write them down on paper or save a text file to USB drive or whatever but i like Notion because it’s automatically on all your devices and unlike E-mail you can edit it. It’s basically like an editable e-mail to yourself.

i also believe you only need NPUB to let others follow you, but your identity is entirely in the NSEC. meaning NSEC is both login and password, while NPUB is basically just a link to your account and can actually be generated from NSEC.

so the important thing is to never lose your NSEC. everything else is details.

if you lose your NSEC you lose your account. there are no recovery options.

your other option is to join a Fediverse Instance instead

basically any instance that runs SoapBox software such as poa.st or nicecrew.digital etc.

this way you won’t need an NPUB or NSEC or relays or anything and you will effectively be on NOSTR with one crucial difference …

the owner of the Instance sets rules ( such as no pedophiles for example ) and they can delete your account whenever they feel like it.

nobody can delete your NSEC.

for this reason i think it’s better to go with the trouble of setting up NOSTR rather than post on NOSTR from the Fediverse …

I will have to do a separate thread on all this actually …