New Speaker - RCF ART 9-AX Series

very exciting !

it’s basically the same as regular ART-9 but with TOUCH SCREEN based DSP !

my main beef with RCF boxes was always lack of graphic user interface and very basic options for things like crossover and EQ …

apparently this is finally fixed !

in fact by being the first speaker i am aware of to offer a TOUCH SCREEN they are actually leapfrogging the competition from JBL, QSC, Yamaha and EV. from last place straight into 1st.

it’s already in stock at B&H and reasonably priced for all 3 models in the range.

by comparison NX 985-A took half a year to make it to US from Europe and was laughably overpriced.

it’s clear RCF has designed and priced these 9-AX series to sell in volume whereas the NX 985-A was obviously a niche product.

frankly the NX 985-A was more than i needed. even the far cheaper Yamaha DZR-315 was more than i needed.

the ART 910-AX though … is about as much output / performance as i actually can use.

Frequency Response isn’t published but the speaker is similar to regular ART-9 for which they do publish FR and even directivity data …

the main difference with the AX models is addition of touch screen and Bluetooth …

some pics of the 912-AX which i think will be the most popular model:

fuck in Europe the 910-AX is only $799 but in US it’s $1099

that’s almost 50% more in US than Europe …

i understand this is because it’s made in Italy …

but that’s their problem, not mine …

oh well, will wait for something made in Mexico to get best value …

JBL makes their speakers in Mexico …