Never Look Away ( 2018 ) ( R ) ( German )

4 stars

the good: the girls in this movie are very naked and look really good without clothes

the bad: it’s 3 hours long

the ugly: its a NAZI bashing movie

despite being being a NAZI bashing German language movie set in Germany during WW2 there are mercifully and miraculously no Jews in the movie ! instead of gassing Jews they show NAZIs gassing retards.

the reason for that is simple - this movie is about pretty things ( girls and art ) and Jews were simply too ugly to appear in this movie …

there is hardly an ounce of cellulite between all the women in this film and most of them show their tits at some point in the movie

this is NOT an erotic movie by the way … it’s supposed to be a war time drama about ART and artists, as well as an interesting love story … which it is … but it just has tons of nipples and tits and nudity and the girls look like bikini models and are in top shape …

there is some tension in the family there and the movie somewhat flirts with the concepts of pedophilia and incest but does so in a clever way that avoids being controversial …

you will hate this movie if you’re a conservative who thinks Hitler was a great artist …

you will like this movie if you like sexy naked girls …

one great scene in the movie is when the artist in East Germany hears that they are handing out pencils from West Germany so he RUNS across the art school but by the time he gets there they are out of pencils … you will probably think this scene is silly but that’s because you weren’t raised in a family of Architects in Soviet Union like me … believe me, this is some REAL SHIT ! i remember erasers from the west were particularly prized, because unlike the soviet ones they actually erased pencils instead of tearing holes in paper without removing pencil marks !

i was also impressed that the Russian General was played by an actual Russian with perfect Russian without any accent at all … for that matter ALL the Russians in the movie spoke perfect Russian without any accent … this is in stark contrast to “Dr Strangelove” ( by Kubrick ) in which Russian Ambassador speaks such poor Russian i literally couldn’t make out a single word he was supposed to be saying …

the movie itself of course is in German, which i also appreciate because i like to dabble in German and watching German movies with English subtitles is actually a fairly decent way to learn the language …

maybe i will re-watch it just for the German language and all the fine tits !

i actually gave it 5 stars on movielens but that’s because it deals with subjects i personally care about but objectively it’s a 4 star movie assuming you’re not from Germany or Soviet Union or from a family of Artists and so on …

and as i said if you’re a conservative who thinks he’s an art critic because he read on GAB about how Hitler is a better artist than Picasso well then this movie will go straight over your head ( except for all the tits )

The good: Yeah!

The bad: Nay!

The ugly: big turn off, got tired of WW2 Jew good, Nazi bad stuff years
ago…

Will probably try this one first. Same director, and shorter (2 h 15 min)

i had no idea those movies were from the same director ! i see now it has the same actor in one of the roles as well even though they’re 12 years apart …

my mother watched “the lives of others” and thought it was great.

i didn’t want to watch it because i thought the premise was too banal, but i will probably watch it now …