My luck with various computer parts vendors so far this build

i ran into my first bunch of scammers this week when i tried to order enterprise grade SSDs for a VROC RAID boot setup for my build …

DO NOT EVER IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING LIFE EVER FOR ANY REASON ORDER ANYTHING FROM ALLHDD.COM

these are the worst scammers i have ever dealt with in my fucking life

there is no cancel button on the order page

they do not pick up the phone

they do not call back when you leave a message

when you talk to them in chat as soon as you ask why the order still haven’t shipped or ask to cancel they stop responding

even when they do respond it’s about 10 minutes between the time you ask and the time they answer in the chat and their answers are always useless. in fact the ONLY answer i have ever gotten from them is “your order haven’t shipped yet” - like NO SHIT i know that ! how about actually help me ? NOPE !

the crazy part is ALLHDD.COM has the highest ratings of any computer store. no matter if you go by Google Shopping or Trustpilot or ResellerRatings they have 4.8 to 4.9 out of 5 everywhere compared to about 2 out of 5 for the best stores in the world like Amazon and Newegg.

that should have been the giveaway - the ratings are too good to be true. when i instead Googled for “ALLHDD reddit” it was instantly obvious that the high reviews were fake. i found multiple discussions of ALLHDD on reddit and they all concluded it was a garbage scammy outlet …

in fact, i will probably be registering with Reddit because of this …

if i went by Reddit instead of Trustpilot etc. i wouldn’t be in this mess. all these sites like Trustpilot or ResellerRatings are basically useless. they are too easy to game.

Reddit appears to be far more reliable precisely because most people don’t use it for this purpose and thus scammers like ALLHDD aren’t trying to game it …

lesson learned - from now on i will only order from a store if i can find confirmation on Reddit that it’s a good legit store - there are discussions on Reddit for basically all major stores

eventually of course people will stop using Trustpilot etc. and will all go to Reddit for this kind of information and then the scammers will also go to Reddit to game the reviews …

but right now Reddit seems to be the way to find out where to buy stuff if you can’t find it on Amazon or Newegg …

fuck son it’s like with the presidential election - it’s not about the voters - it’s about who is counting the votes. same with all these Trustpilot sites - who cares if there is a hundred reviews saying the site is a scam - just post 10,000 fake 5 star reviews saying the site is great and keep screwing the customers over