Love at First Fight ( 2014 )

4 stars

i put in 5 stars on movielens but that’s because i have a major crush on Adele Haenel and she was in her prime in this 2014 movie …

4 stars is what i expect a typical visitor to this page to rate the movie as

the average rating for this film is 3.3 stars but i think because the subject matter has to do with prepping for the apocalypse, which is a popular subject with the far right especially at this time is why i’m bumping it up to 4 stars

no Lesbians in this movie … though Adele Haenel’s character is certainly not a typical woman …

after watching “Tomboy” ( from the director that often works with Haenel ) in the beginning the movie seemed to be following in the same vein … Haenel’s character shown as being taller, fitter and more masculine than those of men in the movie … however in this film the director is actually a man, and not a Lesbian and that ultimately saves this movie from suffering the same fate as “Tomboy” ( that is being trash ) …

of course this isn’t a particularly high level work of art but Haenel’s performance is excellent and her male fans should be pleased - sorry, no Lesbianism in this film as i previously mentioned …

as you might expect the movie pushes the typical array of globalist agendas such as gender equality, global warming … it even predicted the Covid-19 “pandemic” in 2014 … but crucially for me this movie does NOT hate straight white men. that fact plus Adele Haenel in her prime is why i gave it 5 stars, but i expect visitors to this page to give it 4 stars and general public 3.3 stars ( out of 5 ), which is the rating it has on both movielens and IMDB ( on IMDB it’s 6.6 out of 10 )

note this is a rare movie and can be hard to get, which is a shame. i really enjoyed it.

“love at first fight” reminds me of “edge of tomorrow” which interestingly enough came out the same year ( 2014 ) … of course “love at first fight” is not Sci-Fi but there is a similar relationship dynamic between male and female characters … you can roughly think of “love at first fight” as “edge of tomorrow” minus the action and the sci-fi stuff …

i loved both movies and to me action and sci-fi stuff count for absolutely nothing because i’m not 12 years old so to me the two movies are basically the same … but while Edge of Tomorrow is commercially huge “love at first fight” is virtually unknown … and that’s because the average movie goer is all about pointless action, explosions, superheroes and all that jazz …

it’s actually a huge compliment to “edge of tomorrow” that all the action and sci-fi didn’t ruin the underlying love story. in “love at first fight” they simply didn’t have all that dumb shit to worry about.

well there is some action in “love at first fight” but it’s just the right amount, which is very little and most of it towards the very end of the movie.