Kajillionaire (2020)

My son has asked if me if it was worthwhile…the marriage thing…

As I said before, the devotion from the woman, that eagerness to see you and please you lasts around 7 years.

By then, you usually have a child or two…which helps the relationship.
Do you feel trapped sometimes? Yes.
That freshness and vitality they had when younger…fades.
They get more moody.

And the highs with her are never as high as they were before.
Your focus also shifts toward the future, your children.
Children are so vulnerable and impressionable…so tender…so you bake them slowly and carefully (or you try) so the world doesn’t burn them to a crisp.

I nearly died by drowning at 7 going on 8, and a thought that came to me before kicking back to the surface, was “Was I going to die without a son?”
Naturally, my firstborn was a son.
So you are held by love, duty, familiarity, companionship etc.

But I haven’t answered the question: yours and his -
Was it worth it?
Yes.
For my son.
Yes, I love my daughter…but he is closer to me.
Of course, my daughter is having, and will have the happier life.

She is closer to the wife and he is closer to me.

But as he said, and you have said, I am already married, so there is a hard limit to how objective i can be.

When you said life = abuse…man…there is a lot of truth in that.
Now…this Antichrist movie…more life abuse? Or I can handle it?

Action movies aren’t always dumb - e.g. Gladiator, Matrix
Think of them as pastry.
Some are laced with poison…alphabet soup crap.
Some are made with some care - John Wick
Some are mass-market stuff.

Will to power…in comic books villains want to upend the existing order, while the heroes enforce the existing order.
What makes the heroes special is they choose to enforce order in a way acceptable to them. If they go after their own goals against the existing order, then they are treated as villains.

After typing all that…I realised I am not sure what you are saying about will to power. Clarify. Expound. Elaborate.

there is no Evil in film. nobody dares to put real evil on the screen.

What?? Kajillionaire showed real evil in what was done to Dolio.
Explain.

Maybe the films reflect the wider population mentally - children & seniors.
Perhaps the market for adults is too small.

what you think of as evil ( selfishness, neglect etc ) is healthy human nature. it is only evil if you accept artificial morality such as Christianity, Equity, Fairness and so on. Selfishness is “bad” according to what we are taught as children, but it doesn’t conflict with our nature.

of course the concept of “evil” doesn’t really exist outside of artificial morality and religion, so perhaps rather than saying that neglect and selfishness aren’t evil i should say that the word “evil” is maybe a tainted term and we perhaps should try to use more precise language.

but it’s not very realistic because people don’t talk ( or make movies about ) real evil so how can you have language without speech ?

for me to call something evil it has to go against something real. religion and morality aren’t real. if you think they are then eating pork is evil. drinking alcohol is evil. gambling is evil. masturbating is evil, and so on. clearly nonsense.

to me something is evil when it causes deliberate harm stemming from mental sickness …

under my definition of evil most cases of rape and murder are NOT evil … that doesn’t mean they should be condoned ! we shouldn’t condone tax evasion either, yet clearly tax evasion is not “evil” …

torturing animals is evil because it is deliberate harm motivated by mental sickness. it is not motivated by financial gain or sexual pleasure nor is it done out of need to eliminate rivals and so on. it is done PURELY out of sickness where the ONLY motivation is to cause suffering and harm.

it’s a bit of a grey area when somebody witnesses real evil like this and does nothing.

“Kajillionaire” is about lack of love.

“Antichrist” is about evil.

“Kajillionaire” is about lack of empathy.
“Killing of sacred Deer” is about a family that is a cardboard cutout. Basically same thing.
“Antichrist” is about EVIL.

can you handle it ? i think you can because what you faced in life is lack of empathy, not evil.

for me Deer was mostly a hysterically funny comedy. there were a lot of uncomfortable scenes and a few sad moments but mostly to me it was just really funny.

Antichrist to me was viscerally nightmarish and infuriating but also therapeutic … but that’s because i related to the subject matter. You likely will not relate.

apparently Lars Von Trier wrote the script for Antichrist while being hospitalized for depression …

in other words Antichrist is twice as dark as Deer and Kajillionaire combined BUT that depends on your ability to relate to what’s on the screen …

i think you haven’t experienced real Evil and therefore will not be able to relate so it will probably be for you like Deer was for me - just really weird

for ME: on the HORROR scale from 1 ( Disneyland ) to 10 ( Hell on Earth )

deer - 4
kajillionaire - 4
antichrist - 8
my life - 8

for YOU my imaginary algorithm projects:

deer - 6
kajillionaire - 6
antichrist - 6
your life - 4

1 Like

Will to Power is Nietzsche’s thing.

for Nietzsche Christianity is slave morality … by contrast Jewishness is Master Morality / Antichrist.

so Will to Power is Antichrist … and therefore evil … but only to Christians.

it is actually godliness / Jewishness / noble

i do not believe Nietzsche’s Antichrist and Lars Von Trier’s Antichrist are related - it’s just a coincidence i’m talking about them in the same thread - they have nothing to do with each other

Will to power is GOOD according to Nietzsche.

“Greed is Good” ( according to movie “wall street” ( 1987 ) which i haven’t seen )

“it is immoral to let a sucker keep his money”

the point is morality is relative …

it is somewhat inevitable that we are ruled by a hostile minority ( Jews ) with values inverted relative to ours … this is Master / Slave morality in action …

your idea of “evil” is what Jews want children of their Christian slaves to think is evil under a system of morality ( Christianity ) that Jews developed to enslave their subjects … that’s basically according to Nietzsche as well as basic common sense …

Master morality ? Talmud. The Prince ( Machiavelli ).

Good analysis.

Your definition of evil: deliberate intent to do harm without benefit to the doer other than joy at seeing the other suffer.

I haven’t faced a lot of evil then - mainly lack of empathy.

I worry for my boy.
Using your analysis, his life would be around 6 so far.
I’ll ask him his rating.

You would rate your life at 8.
Mercy…
Why aren’t you out there killing, looting, stealing etc.? Serious question.

Will to power.
There is a conversation in The Magnificent Seven where the leader of killers hired to protect a village from bandits goes to his “enemy”, the leader of the bandits.
They know each other, having worked together in the past.
He says to leave the villagers as there will be blood and they will work together in the future.
The bandit leader says no; God has made the villagers sheep so they must be sheared.

The elite must truly enjoy their role then, especially the “unpleasant” parts…

Where does your scale start?
Burning ants with a magnifying glass, stepping on bugs?

I am assuming experiencing pleasure while harming others is just human nature? But this also causes harm, so to stop harm…

Like Thanos in the MCU, you would snap your fingers and wipe out half of humanity. Or 99%?

yes but realize this can get extremely twisted. for example if i was a sadist i would try to convince my daughter that she is a boy and my son that he is a girl and so on. essentially as a sadist you think of everything your child needs to have a good life and make sure you give them the exact opposite of all those things while loudly proclaiming your love for them. nobody calls sadists out on this because society has decided that children are property of parents and parents get to “parent” their kids as they see fit. really if you’re a sadist having children is your wet dream. ironically it’s a lot easier to get away with torturing your own children than with torturing stray cats.

give him some Robert Greene books to read.

not answering that one :slight_smile:

people are sheep yes but why should the elites enjoy the unpleasant parts ? farmers love their animals.

on other hand there is such a thing as duper’s delight

MindTools | Home.

so they almost certainly enjoy the fact that idiot sheep are falling for all their scams …

there is no scale. you’re either evil or you’re not. a person who burns ants with a magnifying glass will also turn their children trans just to watch them commit suicide 10 years later.

if you enjoy the suffering of others you will want more and more and only fear of punishment will stop you.

if you discover a way to cause great harm and avoid punishment for it you will go for it.

children are easiest to abuse. it can be as simple as drinking while pregnant. you tell everybody that a little sip won’t harm the baby but in reality you didn’t even want to drink - you’re doing it deliberately to hurt the baby.

then you “accidentally” drop the baby on the head here and there …

you get the idea …

children are a god send to sadists …

a loving person doesn’t need children in order to have somebody to love and take care of … but a sadist needs children …

if you want to do good there are millions of ways to do it - and nobody does.

but if you want to cause maximum harm possible legally - you need children.

we should only experience it in certain contexts like revenge. but some people experience it regardless of context.

kind of like you should only experience sexual pleasure with a woman. but some people will rape babies, animals etc …

“Dogville” answers this exact question.