Harrison Bergeron

i haven’t read this short story from 1961 but the concept behind it has been getting more and more real pretty much the entire time i have been in America:

In the year 2081, the 211th, 212th, and 213th amendments to the Constitution dictate that all Americans are fully equal and not allowed to be smarter, better-looking, or more physically able than anyone else. The Handicapper General’s agents enforce the equality laws, forcing citizens to wear “handicaps”: masks for those who are too beautiful, earpiece radios for the intelligent that broadcast loud noises meant to disrupt thoughts, and heavy weights for the strong or athletic.

never ceases to amaze me how some people can see things so clearly and so far into the future while most cannot be made to see what is right in front of their nose no matter how much time you spend explaining it.

You should read it. It is short. And the “cure” at the end is being enforced now via political correctness - deliberately breaking people’s will and common sense by making them recite nonsense to get by.

yikes Chinese don’t play LOL

but yeah that’s pretty much what is happening right now

say that blacks and women are equal to white men OR PAY THE PRICE

of course behavioral experiments tested this as well ( Solomon Asch Conformity Experiments ).