Energica Experia Italian Electric Touring Motorcycle

you can buy a brand new Honda Accord for the price of this electric motorcycle but i feel like this may be the first electric motorcycle that is the complete package

early electric bikes all skimped on luggage and wind protection in an effort to both save cost and more importantly extend range

Energica was the first company to start closing the gap on gas powered motorcycles in terms of things like performance but they never had a touring bike … until now

this new model is also more than simply an existing Energica with an adjustable windshield - they redesigned all the internals including new motor and new battery pack and even the way these components are laid out is new …

so this really is an all new bike and it comes from the best family of electric bikes in the business and it’s the most practical yet …

as always @kanyewest will not like it because why reinvent the wheel when you can just walk !

:wink:

new liquid cooled charger ( old Energicas had a fan under the seat )

this is the least powerful Energica you can buy but still does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

top speed limited to 112 mph, same as all Volvos

i usually go 85 mph or so on the interstate and rarely go above 100 mph when passing so 112 mph top speed is fine ( other Energicas are faster but less comfortable )

this bike is loaded with advanced features like reverse and crawl modes and lean sensitive abs and heated grips - basically features you would expect in top of the line BMW cruisers …

as outrageous as $25,000 is for a motorcycle that is pretty much exactly what you would pay for a BMW R 1250 RT for example which this bike matches up closely against

so you’re not paying $25,000 because it’s electric but rather because it is top of the line

after all Energicas are made in the same city where Ferraris are made and Energica is also the exclusive supplier of MotoE racing and also is the bike that Formula 1 Champion Nico Rosberg owns …

so you wouldn’t expect it to be cheap, but as i said, it’s actually same price as a comparable BMW gas powered motorcycle …

BMW of course is known for making the best touring motorcycles …

so in my opinion the math works out.

the obvious problem with Electric Tourers is you can’t actually tour on them because the range isn’t enough !

but a “touring” motorcycle doesn’t mean you have to tour on it.

touring pretty much just means a luxury motorcycle.

realistic range for Experia is about 100 miles, which is actually perfectly suited for most commuting.

for example it would be perfect for me to commute to MetroPark train station and back, which would be about 30 miles one-way.

of course here in NJ you would only be able to use it half a year …

but i’m still trying to move south …

currently thinking Orlando …

in Florida you would be able to ride pretty much all year …

compared to Volvo PHEV the Experia has the same size battery but 3 times the range. of course the Volvo can switch over to gas once out of EV range while Experia can’t.

But it shouldn’t be hard to fit most of your commuting into the 100 mile ( real world ) range of Experia and then you would be rewarded with 3 times the efficiency compared to the Volvo due to being 1/5th the weight ( and having about 1/2 to 2/3 the wind resistance )

sorry the videos are out of order. this video from same channel came before the one i already posted: