ElectroMagnetic Fields in Cars

you may or may not be surprised to find out EMF in electrified vehicles can hit hundreds of times the level many consider safe …

there is no consensus however just what the safe level is …

still it’s curious there isn’t more discussion of the subject …

here is some more information on field levels from power lines

basically you would have to live directly under a power line for field levels similar to what you would get using a vacuum cleaner and an electric car will hit you with higher levels still …

so really you have to consider how much time you spend vacuuming vs driving vs living under a power line …

interesting I recently started turning off cellphone at night or rather put it at least in the airplane mode since wifi is not as bad as cellphone signal and I also bought one of those bed sheets w a ground wire running into the socket (not sure if its gimmicky bs or not but placebo effect is there nonetheless).

i haven’t done anything to reduce my exposure to electromagnetic fields but i do find the subject somewhat curious …

i think the effects are probably minor compared to other lifestyle factors like obesity and pesticides and other chemicals in food but it is POSSIBLE for SOME effects to exist …

perhaps if you can be outside of your electric car when it’s charging it would be a relatively easy way to significantly reduce exposure to electromagnetic fields … if easy steps like that can be taken to significantly reduce exposure then according to precautionary principle maybe it’s a good idea …

but i would probably not be willing to make any real sacrifices or lifestyle changes since i haven’t seen any compelling evidence of harm yet …

on other hand the evidence of harm from obesity and pesticides, xenoestrogens and other chemicals is pretty strong so avoiding those would be worth it even if it requires some sacrifices …