Dayton does it again ( Epique ) - please make it stop!

look at this fucking Turd:

my coach used to say “give credit where credit is due” and i live by that

i have to give dayton credit here - they really know how to not over-estimate the intelligence of their customer

for the price of this piece of shit you can buy two complete JBL bluetooth speakers that are battery powered, portable, water resistant, have DSP and sound better than any trash anybody will build out of this Dayton garbage.

NOTHING dayton ever made has ever been worth buying but this turd takes the cake as the most worthless piece of shit they released yet.

personally i’m not interested in “subwoofers” smaller than 21" but if you’re into micro-turds like this 5 inch “subwoofer” you could at least buy them from a reputable brand and not overpriced by factor of 4X …

the dual gap concept itself is cool … but it’s basically what Adire Audio XBL^2 motor was …

it didn’t work for Adire Audio so naturally Dayton had to bring this failed technology back from the grave by attempting to disguise it as something new - sort of like Communism keeps coming back under different names like “equity” …

what Dayton did here is they managed to stuff some neodymium STYLE magnets in there ( that are actually ferrite ) therefore creating a new LOOK for an old, failed technology.

it’s very clever because audiophiles demand big and heavy so they needed to use cheap ferrite for that but also audiophiles want things that look fancy so they styled the ferrite motor to look like a neodymium motors used in actually high quality drivers - brilliant to be honest !

of course they had to throw the carbon fiber in there as well, which makes absolutely no difference in this application …

and now the fucking retard audiophool DIYers are lining up to buy this turd …

only thing that matters in subwoofers pretty much is cone area which is, not surprisingly, the one thing this driver does not have. and why should it ? Dayton customer is a retard and doesn’t deserve anything that actually works.

Dayton is getting better at fleecing their retard customer. This new driver is on a completely another level in terms of soul-raping their customers. It is Elon-Musk level marketing BS like when he created the dildo submarine “from rocket parts” or when he took deposits for Roadster 2 and said it would have “space X thrusters” …

i honestly can’t believe there are people dumb enough to buy this trash …

anyway, i spoke to some morons at AudioScienceReview and Dayton’s future is looking so bright i need to put my sunglasses on.

those cretins can’t see through Dayton’s BS any more than Tesla fukbois can see through Elon’s. no hope for those rejects. watching them “design” speakers is like watching retards playing with their own feces.

please people - for your own good - if you have no idea how to design speakers just buy a fully-integrated system from a top brand like Harman Kardon. i know you don’t want to spend a thousand dollars on speakers made out of plastic but trust me no trash you will design will even come close to sounding like those plastic speakers no matter how fancy the components you use LOOK or how heavy they are or how much you pay for them.

people who aren’t engineers have no business even knowing what is under the speaker’s grille let alone trying to judge the quality of a speaker based on the way its components are designed.

an average person should buy speakers based on brand alone. if you fancy yourself an audiophile you should also buy based on brand but you can listen to speakers and choose the ones that sound better to you.

do not attempt to analyze the design of the speaker unless you are an engineer or you will fall prey to scammers who STYLE their products to look advanced or high-end or whatever. not more than maybe 0.01% of population are qualified to judge the quality of a speaker based on the way it looks.