Datausa.io - let's do some math

i been trying to find a list of US metros by number of white people for a while and couldn’t so i will just make my own using data from datausa.io because i want to compare apples to apples so i want data for all cities to come from the same database …

i will simply go in order in which cities interest me …

i will also provide race distribution map screenshots from bestneighborhood.com for perspective …

Charlotte Metro - NC / SC - 2.6M population

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC are White (Non-Hispanic) (61.6%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (22.1%), White (Hispanic) (5.93%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (3.59%), and Other (Hispanic) (3.28%).

2.6M X 61% = 1.6M non hispanic whites

although 1.6M whites isn’t a lot what is great about Charlotte is the white area is very well defined. the whites aren’t scattered all over the place - there is a very obvious area where you would want to live.

lots of land … as a result new developments look like this:

dense but still plenty of grass …

Houston, TX Metro - 7.0 M population

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX are White (Non-Hispanic) (35.5%), White (Hispanic) (24.6%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (16.8%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (7.81%), and Other (Hispanic) (7.26%).

7.0M X 35% = 2.45M non-hispanic whites

despite having over 2 million whites and being a huge metro geographically the area suitable for whites is incredibly small.

good luck being able to afford anything there ! that area is simply too small.

it’s basically hopeless.

DFW Metro, TX - 7.5M

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX are White (Non-Hispanic) (45.3%), White (Hispanic) (19.2%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (15.6%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (7.11%), and Other (Hispanic) (5.63%).

7.5M X 45% = 3.4M non-hispanic whites …

3.5 million whites may be a lot but in DFW they are split into 3 separate geographical areas:

if it was me i would go for the rightmost of the 3 areas for the access to downown dallas …

my problem with Dallas is their new developments all look like this:

at that rate you may as well live in a NYC or SF apartment !

this is way too tight.

any house in Dallas that has a decent lawn will be over a million.