Big Radius Tool

this tool shows the number of people who live in a certain radius ( selectable 25 to 500 miles ) from a given location ( you choose any location )

i used it to find out that:

25 mile radius from NYC - 13.2 mil with 0.6% increase in 10 years
25 mile radius from Chicago - 6.0 mil with 2.9% DECREASE in 10 years
25 mile radius from DC - 4.2 mil with 5.9% increase in 10 years

this is a far superior tool to asking questions like “what is the population density of metro area ?” because it entirely depends on how you define the metro area.

this tool is not a table. it CALCULATES the population by adding up smaller zones that fall into the radius. a very unique and useful tool.

my take on this data is as follows:

NYC is crumbling under its own density, like a black hole.

Chicago is dying because the great lakes can’t optimally support modern container ship traffic. apparently the great lakes started to fall behind after the 70s in this area. to compensate Chicago tried to build a bunch of railroads but railroads don’t go to China.

the world is actually now deglobalizing, meaning manufacturing is coming back home. but this isn’t happening so you can have a job, it’s happening so that less carbon is emitted by shipping. if our trade with China is thus decimated Chicago may become competitive with coastal cities again.

DC has access to ocean like NYC but compared to NYC is a much younger city ( infrastructure is younger ) and 1/3 the density. this makes DC better suited for white people while NYC better suited for Mexicans who love to live like rats.

neither NYC, Chicago or DC are warm enough for our Chocolate friends who are all moving down to Atlanta area.

1 Like

Chicago is dying because of niggers

1 Like

blacks are always a factor wherever they are present and yet Atlanta isn’t dying, so there must be other factors as well …

Frankly i don’t know enough about Chicago and can’t afford to spend the time to learn more because i have zero interest in ever visiting it again.

i drove through Chicago once, spending about an hour there and my impression was that it’s the same as NYC - impressive architecture on one side and Niggers, Potholes and Filth on the other.

i’m sure there are really nice neighborhoods around Chicago just like there are really nice areas in NYC metro like where Peter Schiff lives in Connecticut. i actually had to drive to that area on several occasions because if you want to see really high end stuff on display it’s often the only area where they have it because that’s the area where all the NYC bankers live in their $10 mil homes.

this is where i checked out for example a $9,000 Gaggenau Microwave.

obviously i couldn’t afford it but from engineering perspective it was worth the trip to look at stuff you won’t see anywhere else ( except in Manhattan, but then you have to pay like $30 / hour for parking ).

for example i knew the Gaggenau Microwave connects to your home’s plumbing and steams your fish or that the interior is stainless steel, but what i didn’t know until i opened the door was that … the door itself was CAST aluminum and felt more like a car door than microwave door. the second you open that door you realize you are poor because of how cheap your own microwave door feels by comparison. i am not joking at all - it was a traumatic experience for me LOL.

Gaggenau is owned by Bosch / Siemens and is the highest-end appliance brand in their portfolio, and it really is properly high end. Being a European brand though they focus more on electrical appliances for cramped European cities and not huge Gas ranges that Americans want in our suburbs. This is why Gaggenau is hard to find in America.

also when i went to the famous Value Electronics store ( it focuses on high-end TVs ) in that same area, ( well, a bit closer in Scarsdale )

i actually ran into a YouTuber i recognized who does TV reviews there and we had a chat about Samsung QD OLED which just launched and we were both in that store to look at it.

so every great City ( even a dying one ) will have some pockets like this that are really nice - the real question is can you navigate between the pockets of nice while avoiding the ghettos ? in NYC it is rather difficult because the map looks like this:

in DC there are MORE blacks but the way they are concentrated they are easier to avoid

just stay on the left side of the water.

in NYC by comparison getting in and out of Manhattan is almost impossible. cars don’t really work in Manhattan ( and soon you will have to pay just to drive into Manhattan ) and subways all go through some ghetto to get to Manhattan with homeless Niggers infesting the cars. only viable option is certain private commuter buses that go through ghettos but don’t stop there on their way to Manhattan.

but those only stop in two spots - one in midtown and one in downtown - from there you have to walk, take the subway or a cab.

also to even catch that commuter bus you already have to be pretty far from Manhattan to begin with. for example the line from Allentown, PA has its CLOSEST stop to Manhattan at almost 60 miles out ( in Clinton, NJ ) ! and if you are closer and live in the area where that bus doesn’t stop ( say you’re in Bridgewater, NJ ) you will have to take a train or a public bus that will make like 20 stops in ghettos.

whereas in DC most of the ghettos are on the OPPOSITE side of the center so no acrobatics required to get to the center while avoiding them.

in theory anyway … i haven’t tried commuting to actual DC center yet.

1 Like

Boston - 4.9 mil, 4.6% 10 year increase.

this is actually healthy growth. i don’t know why i assumed Boston was dying.