Artisan is bringing back the Shidenkai mousepad that has been improved!

so Artisan is of course the number one brand for boutique level mousepads and Shidenkai was their most high end mousepad that had cloth with glass beads embedded into it …

a year ago they discontinued it due to durability issues …

but now it’s coming back with some changes that will hopefully make it more durable …

they said it will become available in about 2 months:

after the Razer Acari ( which i use ) and the Polaris Superglide, this Shidenkai would be the next mousepad to check out …

All three of these mousepads use something like glass beads except in the Acari the beads are embedded into the plastic and may not be glass ( Razer doesn’t say what they are, just that there are beads inside the surface of the pad that give it a characteristic texture ) …

in the Superglide it’s a solid slab of glass with surface textured to act like beads …

and in the Shidenkai it’s actual glass beads embedded into the fabric of the mousepad …

to my knowledge these are three different technologies each representing a pinnacle of performance with its own unique feeling and set of tradeoffs …

out of the 3 my Razer Acari is least well liked by the community, but i love it …

and the Artisan pads are the most well liked but they’re cloth and i hate cloth pads …

while the Superglide for me would require a new desk and a sleeve to use it …

choose your poison …