About the Seeded by Playlist category

this is my latest Spotify hack …

i create short playlists to define the kind of music i want Spotify to generate and then it gives me suggestions of tracks to add to playlist …

thus i don’t actually use these playlists to listen to music, but to discover music, which is what makes it a hack …

by using a short custom playlist instead of an artist or track to seed suggestions i can get very precise with defining the type of music i want to hear … but more importantly the number of possible playlists is infinite, which means when Spotify runs out of suggestions for your playlist you can always create a different one …

thus i’m officially giving up on trying to classify music using man-made genres and going full algorithmic …

in fact i am deliberately using dissimilar tracks for my playlists because i want to cancel out genre characteristics in Spotify’s generated suggestions and instead zero in on just quality, originality, freshness etc …

i am basically trying to tap into Spotify’s AI to use its wisdom to gain insight into what actually makes something great music even if no human can explain it …