Best Dystopian Movies

this movie is widely understood to be about Jews but the director claims it is about “Yuppies”

the moronic premise of the movie ( taken from a comic ) almost made me not watch it, but the premise of a train, like Plato’s allegory of the Cave is just a tool used to examine society …

one of the most under-rated movies of all time. the director Bong Joon Ho says that his Oscar-Winning film “Parasite” is really a remake of “Snowpiercer” - both movies examine the nature of society but “Snowpiercer” uses a train and “Parasite” uses a house.

make sure your version has subtitles for when the Korean speaks. you ARE supposed to know what he is saying even if it may seem like he is intentionally speaking in a foreign language. you ARE supposed to have subtitles for the Korean parts.

one of the most depressing and deeply philosophical movies i have ever seen … it is 50% environmentalism and 50% existentialism.

an absolute must watch classic of a prophetic dark comedy.

The Matrix is basically Plato’s allegory of the cave …

this movie was a cult classic even before the “COVID pandemic” which it actually predicted …

another movie which i almost didn’t watch because of the outrageously absurd premise …

but the movie is brilliant social satire.

cheesy, childish and outdated action will put off many …

but the movie does raise important questions about the way societies are run from the top down …

“Equilibrium” is NOT an adaptation of “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury

but is clearly heavily inspired by it …

a seemingly absurd comedy about the future where everybody is a retard …

it is more like a documentary of what is certain to happen …

to most people this movie is just eye candy but it actually raises some important questions about how the masses are controlled, brainwashed, used and disposed of …

as with “the Matrix” or “They Live” the average moron will have no idea that this is a documentary and believe this movie is really about Aliens …

a classic and very funny black comedy by Kubrick about a nuclear war between US and Soviet Union …

Equilibrium is a great film…action is just fine.
Re-watched it with my boy during the Covid lockdowns.

So many little things…the monotone palette for the non-feeling masses.
The amount of colour varying with the emotional intensity of Bale.
The use of drugs toc ontrol emotion.
School turning the kids against adults…the monitoring.

Its’ a prophecy.

No love for Demolition Man?

yeah Equilibrium is cool - but i like to be critical of everything.

i was still a kid when i watched Demolition Man - may have to watch again.

but i can’t watch anything now because i returned my living room TV to Costco and can’t decide how to move on … i was going to build a new home theater but my design went so far over budget now i have no idea what to do.

obviously i could watch on the other TV but i don’t want to ruin it for myself - i want to resolve the situation in the living room first and watch things properly.

i haven’t watched anything for almost 20 years then i got a big ass 8K TV from costco and watched about 50 movies in 3 months and then i returned it to Costco because it was a 1st generation MiniLED TV and had some issues …

if i could do 20 years without movies i can do some more time without them and then catch up quickly again …

Oblivion.
Strange movie…stuck with me a while after watching it…great soundtrack.
It felt a bit like the matrix…but it was its own animal…
Should re-watch it.
I remember control and boundaries as the main themes of it.

1 Like

GAB is the “radiation zone” in our society right now …

and “getting back to normal” is the “Titan”

the funniest part is they were 2 weeks from going to Titan

2 weeks !

but maybe the most significant aspect was how the Techs were prevented from talking to each other and made to feel like they were alone when in fact others were having the same doubts … same as Twitter censorship …

also how Women were not interested in anything but their vacation …

LOL

A post was merged into an existing topic: Equilibrium ( 2002 )

Downloaded Aniara and Snowpiercer…just got to find the time to watch them.

1 Like

be warned “Aniara” is very depressing …

Snowpiercer is more light hearted.